Art Design and Development for an Immersive Educational Game Environment
Oklahoma University | Norman OK 73072 USA | Contract, Project/Temporary | Posted: 12/21/2012
Our mission is to cultivate a collaborative network engaged in research and outreach that creates and sustains innovation and transformation through leadership development, shared learning, and authentic technology integration.
K20 Center uses five interrelated phases to transform conventional schools into high-achieving, interactive learning communities:
Phase I - Leaders Learning: Develops principals and superintendents to lead systemic change and technology integration in their schools and districts.
Phase II - Whole-School Learning: Supports Phase I leaders by focusing on teachers, parents, and community leaders empowerment in creating technology-rich learning communities designed to enhance student success.
Phase III - Teacher Learning: Creates in-depth authentic research and learning experiences for teachers in content areas
Phase IV - Student Learning: Creates innovative learning strategies, such as Digital Game-Based Learning, to encourage students to be involved in their own learning.
Phase V - University: Creates connections and collaborations to support learning beyond high school
Listed below are some of the requirements the center is needing, but not limited to:
• Develop a story arch for a main educational game that is engaging, accurate and appropriate for the intended audience
• Develop concept art and production and art pipelines for the implementation of the provided game designs for the Unity game engine.
• Develop 2 and 3 D art based on the proposed conceptual art
• Produce in-game cinematic and corresponding SFX
• Develop a production pipeline that ensures the successful implementation and expansion of the proposed design.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered, applicant must submit an RFP response as outlined in the terms and conditions. Resume through email will not be accept.
MUST APPLY VIA THIS REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL RFP# R-13097-13 at
http://www.ou.edu/purchasing/solicitations/solicitations.html for consideration. NO EXCEPTION!
The deadline for this proposal is: January 04, 2013.
The University will be closed for the Winter Break at 3:00pm Friday, December 21, 2012 through
Wednesday, January 1, 2013. Please note no one will be available to answer any questions
during that time. Any questions received will be answered when the offices reopen on
Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 8:00 AM.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
• At least 5 years of continuous proven experience on art design and production for digital media, video game experience is a plus.
• Provide link to online portfolio, proposals that don’t provide a link to online portfolio will not be considered.
• At least 3 years of storyboarding experience (provide online examples)
• The contractor is not required to work on site but if remotely its required to have at least 3 years of verifiable experience working at a distance. ( a production pipeline example would be desirable)
• Legally authorized to work in the USA
• Have an extensive knowledge of human anatomy, color and motion design
• Understanding and Experience on cinematic development
• Proficient in Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, Maya, 3ds Max and/or equivalent software
• Passion for character and environment art.
|Location||Norman, OK, 73072, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation, Audio / Music / Sound, Serious Games|
|Platforms||Online Multiplayer,Browser Based Games,Mac OS X,Windows|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||RFP# R-13097-13|