SEGA of America | San Francisco CA 94103 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/19/2012
The Licensing Director will craft and execute SEGA's licensing strategy to expand the portfolio of licensed merchandise, with the twin goals of expanding game sales and enhancing brand value. This position will plan and direct SEGA's overall efforts to identify compelling licensing opportunities and arrange the inbound and outbound licensing of proprietary intellectual properties, characters and content. This position will recommend categories / products to be licensed, direct the development of licensing deals, and personally close agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify and pursue licensing opportunities, both inbound and outbound. Pitch, evaluate & negotiate deals.
• Highlight key properties from Product Roadmap as license targets. Work with Marketing, Product Development, and SEGA Japan Licensing to create strategies for each.
• Generate licensing agreements for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America territories.
• Attend trade shows to establish/nurture relationships with potential licensees.
• Develop annual Business Plan, P&L and forecast and ensure that targets are met.
• Work with SEGA Japan and sister office in Europe to ensure global consistency.
• Work with Legal on contracts and Finance on accounting issues.
• Ensure that licensing deals are carried out according to specifications.
• Evaluate and develop skills of department employees.
Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
• Eight to ten years experience in inbound and outbound licensing.
• Wealth of entertainment industry contacts.
• Clear grasp of video game licensing business models in interactive entertainment.
• Experience in negotiating contracts and closing deals.
• Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills and comfortable presenting to large groups.
• Computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94103, United States|
|Categories||Business Development / Analyst / Legal, OTHER, Retail|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Julie Dragland|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|