Sr. UI/UX Designer
Electronic Arts | Redwood City CA 94065 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/19/2012
We're EA-we've been making games for decades but you wouldn't know that walking through our studios. We're still buzzing with the same innovative spirit we began with, though we've learned enough to earn our rank as a leading developer, publisher and distributor of the world's best games. What began as a small group of people determined to "put real life in a box" has become a 8,000-people strong, worldwide organization delivering on that very dream. If you've played The Sims 3 lately, you know exactly what we mean. And if you've played Battlefield 3, maybe you'd say that we've done real life one better.
Whether you're plotting a course for SpyMouse on your mobile or your palms are sweaty from clutching your controller during intense games of FIFA 12, chances are you've played an EA game. And if you haven't, well, what are you waiting for? In an industry that's changing every day-whether it's through new social channels, advancing technology, new audiences or unique opportunities for monetization-EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you're reading excites you as much as it does us, spend some time here, get to know us better and apply today.
Senior UX/UI Designer
EA is seeking a Senior User Interface Designer to join our team in Redwood Shores, CA. In this role, you will be a team leader, working with highly talented and experienced developers on an upcoming PC action title. You will own the development and oversee the implementation of all user interface elements, including the creation of overlays for in-game presentation and functionality of the product. You will also guide your team in the conceptualization, design, and creation of individual assets for the interface. You are the champion of the user’s experience from a usability standpoint, ensuring the player experience is as intuitive as possible in guiding them through a complex network of choices, both in-game and out.
• Drive the process for the UI/UX of the service
• Work closely with the Producer and Creative Director to create mockups and prototypes of UI features
• Partner with the Art Director to establish and execute the UI aesthetic
• Help direct the work of additional UI artists
• Work closely with the UI engineer to implement UI features
• Rapidly iterate and develop solutions to design challenges while following creative and art direction
• Creation of required art assets (icons etc.)
• 5+ years of experience with user interface design, ideally for PC video games
• Excellent and proven graphic and information design background
• Strong usability design/test experience
• Tirelessly champions the user’s experience, focusing on positive reinforcement
• Can iterate on clear and complete user/data flows prior to development (e.g., Visio, Balsamiq, etc.)
• Excellent communicator and collaborator who loves to work with programmers, designers, and other artists
• Expert with standard art tools of the trade (Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Expert understanding of Flash: workflow, asset creation, .fla set up, optimization, and organization, animation, components and libraries
• Functional understanding of Flash AS 3 (basic scripting, calls to external targets)
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Redwood City, CA, 94065, United States|
|Categories||OTHER, Console / PC Games|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Sr. U|