Lead Programmer - Tools and Infrastructure
Disney Interactive Media Group | Salt Lake City UT 84101 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/17/2012
Disney Interactive Media Group operates five global product groups: Disney Interactive Studios produces console and handheld video games for the Nintendo Wii™, Nintendo DS™, PlayStation®Portable, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment systems, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and the personal computer; Disney Online produces Disney.com and a portfolio of leading lifestyle websites for families, including Family.com; Disney Online Studios develops online virtual worlds, providing connected game-play experiences for children around the globe; Disney Mobile brings the best of Disney content to the mobile web, smart phone applications, and mobile games; in addition, DIMG manages a Disney-branded mobile phone service in Japan in association with Softbank; and Playdom produces best-in-class content for the rapidly growing platform of casual games on emerging platforms and social networks such as Facebook and MySpace.
All five product groups work together to create a variety of connected, multi-platform entertainment experiences.
Avalanche Software (Salt Lake City, UT) is a video game development studio focusing on the creation of games based on Disney intellectual properties in addition to the creation of new properties. We are looking for a programmer to work in a department of programmers and oversee functions and activities related to infrastructure, tools and online support.
• Drive the development of tools and processes to increase productivity and minimize downtime at the studio.
• Lead co-development of tools with Artists, Animators, Designers and other Programmers to facilitate an on-time, quality game.
• Work toward a stable content creation environment for all our core workflows.
• Interact closely with other Department Heads and counterparts in other departments to determine the best approach for tools and infrastructure needs.
• Work with our infrastructure team to ensure all our server based systems are stable and secure with backups, redundancy and fail-safes in place to prevent any studio downtime.
• Ensure that the server side and client-server communication portions of our games meet the quality bar both functionally and technically by scheduled due dates.
• Provide an accurate task list and adhere to a schedule based on project specifications.
• Reliably create good quality, performance-sensitive code.
• Manage programmer team including developing employees, managing their performance and providing overall guidance on task lists and schedules.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
• 6+ years experience programming in game development
• Prior leadership experience
• Proficient in C++, code architecture and good coding practices.
• Experience with Python, Lua and Team City is helpful.
• Experience with Django, SQL, Java Script, Web Services, REST APIs
• Ability to lead in a team environment based on collaborative design and structured code architecture.
• A positive attitude and the ability to take direction and receive criticism
• Ability to meet deadlines within production schedules
• Thorough command of applicable programming languages and software design practices
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be self-motivated and possess an independent work attitude
• A passion for games and game development
|Location||Salt Lake City, UT, 84101, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Xbox 360,Wii,Online Multiplayer,Browser Based Games,Mac OS X,Windows,Mobile phone,PSP,Nintendo DS|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|