Senior Tools Programmer
ROBLOX Corporation | Bay Area CA 94401 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/19/2012
ROBLOX is a leading user-generated gaming site that makes players the architects of their own 3D worlds, drawing over one billion page views and 21 million in-game hours each month. The site is ranked #1 in the US for total engagement time within the 8-14 year old segment, and is rapidly growing in popularity amongst players aged 15+. Our vision is to become the leader in user-generated gaming for all ages, around the world. On ROBLOX, players use core building components to create elaborate online games that simulate the real world. Check out our latest news at blog.roblox.com.
About the Job:
Join our studio team at ROBLOX and develop and improve GUIs and tools to deliver fun, cool, user-friendly features to millions of ROBLOX players worldwide.
• Work with in-house design teams to create the best tools for user-generated content on the market
• Write clean C++ and Lua script code which will incorporate gameplay, audio, frameworks, rendering, and networking
• Evaluate and improve existing tools, workflows, and practices
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a similar discipline
• Strong background in high performance C++
• Flair for Usability and User Experience (UX)
• Familiar Win32/MFC/Qt/WxWidgets or other GUI APIs
• 3+ years developing gaming technologies or consumer-facing products
Please apply here
To view all of our current opportunities and learn more about ROBLOX, please go to: jobs.roblox.com
Salary is negotiable based on experience and/or qualifications. ROBLOX provides a complete compensation package including stock options, health insurance benefits and a 401k program
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Bay Area, CA, 94401, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer, Social / Online Games|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Roblox Jobs|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|