Software Engineer, Web Security - 2K Games
2K Games | Novato CA 94949 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/12/2012
The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Irrational Games, 2K Marin, 2K Czech, Cat Daddy Games, and 2K China. Some of the hit titles in 2K's lineup include the critically-praised BioShock® and BioShock®2, Sid Meier's Civilization® series; the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise NBA® 2K10; and the multi-million unit selling hit Carnival Games.
At 2K our goal is simple: Make games that are the best in the genre and have fun doing it. 2K is proudly developing a series of critically acclaimed games. Owned by Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), 2K is a successful, stable publishing label that produces high-quality titles every year.
So what does 2K have to offer? How about generous salaries, full medical and dental benefits, a 401k plan, and a fun work environment. 2K believes everyone plays a significant role in the development process, meaning all team members contribute their ideas and are important to the success of the game. We are looking for people who are passionate about games. 2K is located in beautiful Novato, California, near mountain bike trails and beaches, about 25 minutes north of San Francisco. That's right - you can make great games, be active outdoors and soak up culture in one of the world’s most beautiful cities all at the same time!
Join our team today!
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, WEB SECURITY - 2K GAMES
Manage and serve as software engineer for development of server side applications and tools for internal middleware for multiple gaming architectures. Coordinate with development teams and provide engineering services while coordinating long term strategy between multiple studios and with Corporate IT as well as with other parts of the business.
• Work with the technical architect developing code for global development projects involving client & server side infrastructure for online gaming architecture for multiple platforms/games/consoles.
• Work with internal and 3rd party developers to include proper security controls in the ongoing development of new application.
• Work with corporate security to and internal teams to schedule third-party penetration tests and source code reviews of new and legacy applications.
• Review security procedures, test reports, and audits to prioritize the remediation of any discovered vulnerabilities with the appropriate internal stake holders.
• Assist internal and external 3rd party developers in remediation of vulnerabilities
• Communicate status of security efforts to management and executives
• Work with architects to design recommendations and solutions for security hardening of existing
• Develop, maintain, and optimize the security and web based code in public facing sites, applications, web pages, and middleware.
• Interface with other departments providing documentation, input for strategy and suggest directions for a secure online environment.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Requires at least 3 plus years in operations/engineering experience in large-scale online game service environment with knowledge of relevant network issues.
• Deep knowledge of application security and experience in secure coding techniques, understand XSS, SQL Injection, as well as emerging hacking techniques.
• Strong C/C++ coding skills.
• Proven experience of web application stacks (e.g., JAVA, PHP, Ruby on Rails, Grails, Django,)
• Proven experience in web server development and associated skills (Message Queues, REST, HTTP, web services)
• Ability to create and maintain technical documentation from the beginning of a project through completion.
• Dedication, teamwork and professionalism & the ability to handle high pressure situations.
• Knowledge of or experience with game development systems is advantageous
• Experience with Agile/Scrum development processes
• Experience with testing methodologies and frameworks, such as unit testing, behavior-driven development (BDD), or test-driven development (TDD)
REPORTS TO: Director, Technology
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Novato, CA, 94949, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Brooke Grabrian|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|