Carbine Studios | Aliso Viejo CA 92656 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/11/2012
Experience is important, and we've got loads of it here in the studio. We're pretty proud to have some of the most talented and creative veterans in gaming on our team. But we're also seeking people that can articulate their opinions on what it takes to create the next great MMO, regardless of your experience.
See a job that makes you tingly? Then stop by our Jobs FAQ to learn how to get your information to us.
We're located in Aliso Viejo, California. It's warm here most all the time, and we're located an hour from L.A. and 90 minutes from San Diego. From wine tasting to Disney (or wine tasting at Disney), there's something for just about everyone in these parts. Our office is 10 minutes away from sandy beaches, walking distance to any chain store you can name, and with a collection of great restaurants where you'll often find Carbine staffers sharing lunch during the week.
We've got free snacks and sodas, and we encourage our staff to spend time getting to know each other over video and board games. There are weekly social gatherings, holiday parties, game days, baseball games, dodge ball teams, paint ball outings, classic role-play gaming groups for beginners and experts, and so much more. Play hard, work hard- you know the deal.
Carbine is also a place where diversity is both appreciated and supported. If you want to work in an environment where you are recognized for great work and are hungry for the chance to make your mark, then isn't it time we saw your resume?
The ideal candidate will have extensive professional experience recruiting across a variety of gaming disciplines at a very high level. As a Game Recruiter at Carbine Studios, you will be responsible for sourcing candidates and managing job openings. This candidate will need to proactively source passive candidates for our studio. He or she must be extremely detail-oriented, be a skilled conversationalist, and possess excellent organizational and analytical skills. This candidate will be required to work closely with hiring managers to define and qualify position requirements, generate and post job descriptions, and implement proactive recruitment strategies.
- 2+ years hands-on recruiting in the gaming industry
- 5+ years of hands-on recruiting, preferably in-house and/or agency
- Proven track record of proactively sourcing and hiring passive candidates across multiple gaming disciplines
- Experience supporting hiring managers in all disciplines
- Ability to maintain extreme confidentiality
- Effectively able to multi-task and have strong time-management skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Highly polished professional demeanor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
- In-depth knowledge of major players in game, film, Web, mobile, and related global industries
- Experience using an applicant tracking system(s)
- Passion for gaming
A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes Carbine Studios a great place to work.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Aliso Viejo, CA, 92656, United States|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Alfred Short|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|