Senior Client Software Engineer
BioWare Austin | Austin TX 78758 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/10/2012
BioWare Austin is seeking a qualified Senior Client Software Engineer for the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ team. The Senior Client Software Engineer works on a team maintaining and developing code for our game client, including work related to rendering, animation, memory, performance and stability systems. This position reports to the Lead Client Engineer and assists them in maintaining and improving the SW:TOR client.
• Reviews, analyzes, debugs, and modifies existing systems in support of the operation of our Live game.
• Gathers requirements, architects and designs systems, writes technical documentation, and implements code for new systems.
• Works closely with designers, artists and staff in other studio disciplines to ensure work aligns with requirements and studio goals.
• May program tools and utilities to support work of the development team.
• Writes clear, maintainable, portable, and performant code.
• Participates in code reviews with other engineers.
• Mentors junior engineers.
• University degree or graduate of a recognized post-secondary program in computer science, software engineering or related technical discipline is strongly preferred
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in C++ game programming is required
• Significant experience in graphics and/or real-time software development is required
• Significant experience developing on the Win32 platform is required
• Significant experience with client-server networking concepts is required
• Applicant must be able to identify and solve problems creatively without guidance
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required
• Applicant must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Time management and organizational skills are essential
• Excellent attention to detail is required
• Excellent analytical and mathematical skills is strongly preferred
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our job postings, we are unable to respond personally to phone or email inquiries regarding the status of an application. Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted at this time.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Austin, TX, 78758, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Bioware HR|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|