PlayStation 3 Software Engineer at Redux Inc. in Berkeley, CA
Redux Inc. | Berkeley CA 94701 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/14/2012
We are the most downloaded app on Google TV, and have partnerships for deep integration and homepage placement with Google, Samsung, LG, Panasonic, and Sony. We grew 10x in 2011 to over 3M monthly users and we'll be live on over 40M Connected TV devices by the end of the year.
We raised $6M from top investors and are just getting started. TV everywhere and Connected TV are in their infancy, and we are looking for incredible people to help build next-generation Television experiences on the web, tablets, and actual Television/set-top box devices. As a part of our engineering team, you'll work alongside our design team to build, help grow, and evolve our product as we scale Redux to hundreds of unique devices (including a few next-gen Connected TV platforms) over the next year. We're an 11-person team so you'll have a big impact on shaping the company as we grow.
Console owners today spend more time streaming video content on their console than playing games, and you will lead the extension of Redux's lean-back video discovery experience from Connected TV's to the nearly 70M PlayStation 3 units sold (and in the future, other consoles). You will take ownership over the development of Redux's native PS3 experience from the ground up, as well as through future iterations. There are only a few video streaming apps on PS3 today, and you'll lead the charge in bringing console users Redux's TV-like video discovery experience.
- You will be the primary owner of the PS3 codebase and you'll be responsible for defining the technical roadmap for our console applications.
- Develop and test new front-end features as well as necessary back-end code.
- Test your own code and release candidates thoroughly; find bugs and squash them.
- Work with the design team and other engineers to execute on the goals in the product roadmap.
-Skills & Requirements-
- BA or BS in EE/CS (in lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
- Direct experience in native PS3 application development and familiarity with building an application from the ground-up.
- Familiarity with PS3's cell architecture, and other unique features of the platform.
- Experience with memory management and memory/performance profiling.
- Good written-English communication skills. Ability to influence others with your ideas.
- Experience with video decoding/playback on PS3.
- Good UI and visual design instincts; experience working with design teams.
- Ability to interact with a Python-based backend a plus.
- Experience with Trilithium a plus.
More on Redux: redux.com/about-redux
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Berkeley, CA, 94701, United States|
|Categories||OTHER, Programmer / Engineer, Console / PC Games|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|