Sucker Punch Productions | Bellevue WA 98004 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/05/2012
Sucker Punch takes an entire floor of a skyscraper in downtown Bellevue, a work environment customized to emphasize collaboration. We offer a great environment, a friendly set of co-workers, a full benefits package, competitive salaries, and the opportunity to work with one of the best teams around.
We’re proud of the games we’ve built, but we’re always looking to get better. We’re excited about strengthening our team with people that share our vision for building visually arresting, emotionally compelling, viscerally involving games. If you’re that sort of person, we’d love to hear from you.
Additional information can be found on the company's Web site at http://www.suckerpunch.com/.
Sucker Punch Productions is looking for an Environment Lighting artist with a minimum 2 years of experience and a solid understanding of current run-time rendering technologies. We have a dynamic, creative and friendly atmosphere at our studio where you can have a big impact on a project as an individual and as part of the team. Come join us at our Seattle/Bellevue studio & don't forget your snowboard, rain jacket and mountain bike so you can explore the beautiful Pacific Northwest
• Lighting tasks on a significant portion of game environment
• Must communicate effectively and…
• Work closely with Leads and Art direction to achieve art goals
• Learn proprietary lighting system, tools and systems
• Must be able to meet milestones and deadlines
• Troubleshooting lighting, art and tech issues, work to solve the issues with Leads, AD or engineers.
Qualifications and Skills
• 2-years of experience in video game production with solid understanding of advanced run-time rendering technology, deferred lighting, light maps and baked lighting tech.
• Ability to work with minimal direction and desire to take on responsibilities within team-based work environment.
• Must have general knowledge of physical based lighting and rendering.
• Ability to research or track down real-world reference when needed.
• Traditional drawing, painting, photography or sculpture skills a plus.
• Excellent Maya skills.
• Highly developed eye for color, compostion and detail
• Problem solver with ability to learn new technologies and software on-the-fly.
• Previous PlayStation game development a plus.
Portfolio and other Requirements
• A portfolio review is required.
• Applicants must be able to work in the USA and willing to relocate to the Seattle, WA area.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Bellevue, WA, 98004, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|