Disney Mobile | Glendale CA 91201 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/04/2012
Looking for highly technical folks with a passion for tablet and mobile games that can help innovate and pioneer and brand new industry for gaming.
The Mobile Games Engineer role will be responsible for developing Apple iOS and Android games that Disney Mobile releases globally. The person in this role will work closely with design and production stakeholders during the ideation phase and work closely with engineers during all stages of the development process as products are designed, built, and released.
Disney Mobile games are highly connected products. So, in addition to core game development skills, the Mobile Games Engineer will also need experience with the network communications and protocols required to enable features such as user registration, leaderboards and achievements, push notifications, ad serving, news feed processing, and in-app purchases.
To successfully execute this role, a person with excellent Objective-C and/or C++ coding skills is required. This person must also have experience programming on the Apple iOS and/or Google Android platforms. Finally, the person in this role will need experience in game design theory and industry-standard game production pipeline processes.
Mobile Game Development
• Serve as a key engineer/developer during all stages of the game development process
Mobile Game Prototyping
• Serve as a key engineer/developer on a collaborative team that rapidly prototypes and iterates on game ideas
Mobile Library/Module Integration
• Integrate the libraries and modules into games in order to enable connected gaming features
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
• C/C++ programming/development
• OpenGL programming/development
• Experience with Apple Xcode
• Experience with markup languages, such as XML
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects
• Android NDK and SDK
|Location||Glendale, CA, 91201, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|