Director of Analytics
Ubisoft- San Francisco | San Francisco CA 94107 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/03/2012
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2010-11 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1.039 billion. To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Ubisoft is an EOE and offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Ubisoft, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a Director of Analytics for their San Francisco office to support the development and operation of its social games, MMOs and other freemium and paymium products.
The Director of Analytics will manage a team of analysts responsible for tracking, aggregating and interpreting data across a large portfolio of games in order to help develop business strategies, measure performance, and understand player behavior for each of those products. This role will focus on developing insights and recommendations to drive retention and monetization, along with ROI models for user acquisition, conversion, and retention for the stakeholder groups.
• Define and execute strategy and tactics for gathering and analyzing data to enable fact-based decision making
• Partner with Product Managers to execute efficiently the product strategy and drive revenues
• Combine data analytics and competitive intelligence into integrated business strategies
• Ensure data quality and validity from multiple data sources
• Design and maintain performance dashboards and standardized operational reporting including KPIs for acquisition, virality, engagement and monetization of players
• Consistently analyze the impact on those key metrics from the release of new game features
• Perform cohort analyses to thoroughly study the in-game behaviors of various types of players
• Provide data-driven recommendations on how to improve retention and monetization for each game
• Partner with Product Managers and Development teams to properly implement in-game analytics tracking into game code
• Partner with Product Managers and Digital marketing team to continuously optimize player acquisition strategies
• Contribute best practices in the use and adoption of analytics, reporting, and tools across the organization
• Drive collaboration across teams to define business requirements for the ongoing evolution of the data warehousing, analytics and reporting systems
• Conduct regular market analyses on social and MMO games as well as benchmarking of key competitive products
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
• Management experience required. Ability to lead a team, influence, drive change and foster cross-functional collaboration
• Experience in social gaming, MMO gaming, social networking and/or internet industries strongly preferred
• Experience supporting the successful rollout of a free-to-play game a big plus
• Proficiency analyzing very large, multi-dimensional data sets using SQL, Excel, SAS, etc.
• Knowledge of statistics (e.g., multivariate statistics, predictive modeling, controlled test design)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong executive presence
• Familiarity with data warehousing concept/tools
• MBA or relevant Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline. PhD a plus
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94107, United States|
|Categories||Accounting / Finance, OTHER|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Wii,Online Multiplayer,Mac OS X,Windows,Mobile phone|
|Contact Name||Shawn McGrady|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Primary Phone||415 547 4000|