Senior Engineer, Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
Spark Unlimited, Inc. | Sherman Oaks CA 91403 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/17/2012
Released titles by Spark include CALL OF DUTY: FINEST HOUR, TURNING POINT: FALL OF LIBERTY and LEGENDARY. Founded in August 2002, Spark is based in Sherman Oaks, California.
Spark is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries, a top-notch benefits package, and core work hours for flexibility. Spark is home to highly creative, passionate, and self-motivated individuals who excel in a collaborative environment. We are not just a work-for-hire studio; we are a work-to-create studio!
Come join us now!
Check out our job listings for more details: http://www.sparkunlimited.com/jobs_currentjobs.html.
Spark is looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to join us in making a breakout hit called “Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z”. This is an opportunity for you to have a hand in creating a bold new take on 3rd Person slasher with Horror elements for the PS3 and Xbox360. As a senior engineer you will be tasked with functionality goals to realize the vision for a high profile property. With input from team engineers, artists, designers in an agile development (SCRUM) environment, implement core game technologies within the Unreal 3 engine.
• Write well architected, robust, and maintainable code with good coding standards for all platforms with an eye towards usability for multiple games.
• Participate in the development of diverse core disciplines (Player mechanics/controls, AI, graphics, camera, multiplayer, tools, etc.).
• Develop and maintain network ready code to ensure that it meets multiplayer/coop functionality and requirements: client/server state replications, latency, synchronization, cheating, etc.
• Maintain code performance through profiling and optimization.
• Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
• Keep abreast of latest technology and techniques and provide usability/feasibility analysis for the project's requirements.
• Provide user support in all aspects of the engine and its tools.
• Willingness to assist in all areas of game development. Work closely with designers and content creators to ensure feature development meets desired goals.
• Work collaboratively with all levels of the development team, including active participation in Spark’s agile-development process. Cultivate a positive team dynamic, and exhibit a professional attitude by demonstrating a good balance between creativity and practical flexibility.
• C/C++ proficiency and knowledge of good software engineering design skills.
• Strong 3D skills and game programming experience.
• Experience in the design and implementation of specialized game sub-systems (AI and navigation systems, camera, rendering, UI, FX, multiplayer, etc.).
• Comfortable working within and enhancing an established code framework.
• Ability to participate in gameplay design and implement design specifications.
• Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging and strong communications skills
• Highly collaborative approach to development with a willingness to assist in all areas.
• Thorough knowledge of development software, Visual Studio.net
• Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills. A strong ability to work across multiple disciplines to gather feedback and address cross-functional issues. Penchant for practical innovation and the ability to bring new ideas to the table.
• Passionate player of games with an ability to analyze competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses. Broad knowledge of titles and mechanics.
• 7+ years experience
• Unreal Engine 3 experience.
• Agile development methodologies (SCRUM, RUP, XP, etc.).
• Knowledge of client/server multi-player architecture.
How to Apply
• Applicants must be able to work at our Sherman Oaks, California studios.
• Email only. No visits or phone calls, please.
• The Subject line of your email must reference the job title and your name, like this: Senior Engineer: Last name, First name
• Include your resume as an email attachment, preferably as a PDF or in Word 2003 or later format.
• Include links to online portfolio or send demo reel materials to Spark Unlimited, Attn: Engineering Dept, 15000 Ventura Boulevard, Suite 202, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403. No drop offs please.
• Make sure your resume also includes your name, address, phone, and email.
• Send email to eng-jobC0590@sparkunlimited.com.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Sherman Oaks, CA, 91403, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|