Senior Software Engineer – Server
Dire Wolf Digital | Denver CO 80202 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/27/2012
Based in Denver, CO, the Dire Wolf team has years of experience and has shipped more than ten titles and thirty expansions in the digital collectibles space. We are passionate about playing and making fun games, and are committed to creating high-quality and innovative gaming experiences. Our team works hard, but we also play hard. You can find us after hours playing our favorite board games, running an RPG campaign, or just enjoying the great Colorado outdoors.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, take a look at our job postings and apply today, or learn more at www.direwolfdigital.com
Dire Wolf Digital is looking for a full-time, Senior Server Engineer who will be responsible for architecting, developing, and delivering scalable networked server applications that run in a distributed environment supporting hundreds of thousands of concurrent players.
This position in located in our downtown Denver studio.
• Build server applications in a Linux environment using Scala
• Build robust fault-tolerant scalable server software
• Run highly concurrent load tests on the server platform
• Integrate with remote 3rd party servers worldwide
• Integrate and optimize database communications
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
• Minimum of five (5) years as a software engineer in an applicable industry
• Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with teammates is essential
• Experience developing highly scalable server applications
• Experience with Java, Linux, Scala, and SQL
• Ability to work accurately under tight deadlines
• Ability to learn new skills and languages quickly
• Ability to mentor other engineers
• A passion for games
• Game industry experience
• Experience with PostgreSQL
|Location||Denver, CO, 80202, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|