Insomniac Games | Durham NC 27713 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/26/2012
If the idea of working in the nitty-gritty, the lowest levels of the code base excites you, then we want to talk with you! Insomniac Games is looking for an experienced Engine Programmer in the North Carolina studio. We’ll look to you to write and modify low-level data and code with a heavy focus on performance (both memory and CPU). And we’ll look to you to add new features to games in preproduction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Develops software systems and code to create new functionality.
• Contributes to Insomniac’s engine codebase.
• Rewrites existing systems for increased functionality, reduced memory usage, and increased performance.
• Researches and develops new strategies for achieving artistic and technical project goals.
• Analyzes code perfomance.
• Diagnoses and implements fixes to errors in programs.
• Documents technology implementation details.
• Creates test applications and runs tests to find errors and confirm that programs meet design specifications.
• Provides technical assistance to team members regarding errors, problems or questions with programs.
• Communicates regularly with team members to ensure needs are being met.
• Collaborates with team members of all disciplines in order to meet project goals.
Education and/or Experience that you bring with you:
• Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Fluency in C and C++, and assembly/microcode programming (various CPU cores)
• Must have written tools or engine code for published games.
• Self-starter that is able to work productively with minimal supervision.
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Playstation 3 and/or Xbox 360 console programming experience.
• Fluency in PPC or MIPS Assembly language.
• User Interface/ Usability design skills and experience with GUI programming.
• Overwhelming desire to create Tools and Technology for the best games in the world.
If this sounds like the spot for you- then we want to hear from you! Please use the link below to apply.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Durham, NC, 27713, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Julie Cox|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|