TimeGate Studios | Sugar Land TX 77478 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/20/2012
We’re seeking creative, fun, and highly talented individuals to join us for work on multiple current and next generation projects. Located just an hour from the ocean, and mere minutes away from downtown Houston, Sugar Land is able to offer the perfect mixture of big-city amenities and small town charm. TimeGate Studios offers competitive salaries, full benefits, 401k, relocation assistance, and monthly company events.
For additional information regarding open positions or our current projects, please visit us on the web at www.timegate.com.
The Technical Artist is a liaison between artists and programmers. They must understand the relationship between art creation and the technical code. They must be able to demonstrate the most efficient techniques for creating art that pushes the boundaries of existing and future hardware.
• Help to plan, develop, and maintain asset pipelines.
• Oversee and enforce established standards and practices for game art assets.
• Optimize art assets for use in-engine.
• Ensure that all production art takes best advantage of the target platforms while staying within performance guidelines (PC, Xbox 360, etc.).
• Train other artists to execute the art pipeline efficiently.
• Intimate knowledge of 3DS Max.
• Strong understanding of modern 3D hardware as it relates to art production.
• Motivated and driven to face challenges.
• Ability to create art assets to demonstrate advanced techniques.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both artists and programmers.
• Ability to solve technology issues as they relate to art production.
• 2+ years of experience in the games industry.
• Experience with HLSL shader programming.
• Proficiency in MaxScript, MEL, etc.
• C++, C#, and/or Perl programming experience.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or a minimum of three years related experience and/or training. Post-graduate work a plus.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Sugar Land, TX, 77478, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Windows|
|Contact Name||Aaran Pate|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|