Senior Game Designer
Gameloft - Guadalajara | Guadalajara MEX | Full Time | Posted: 11/15/2012
Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA).
Gameloft is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA).
Gameloft’s sponsored Level 1 ADR (ticker: GLOFY) is traded OTC in the US.
Gameloft, a leading international publisher and developer of video games for smartphones, tablets and consoles, is seeking a Senior Game Designer to join his existing talent pool on creating iPhone games in one of his production studios in Guadalajara, Mexico. Qualified candidates will link up with imaginative design teams to create hot new game titles, fulfilling a wide range of genres from hardcore action to casual simulation and freemium games.
• Serve as the studio’s expert on game design, current with game design trends and market development / patterns
• Work collaboratively to ideate new game concepts & flesh out preliminary designs
• Own the overall game experience, plan and manage a small team of game designers from concept through launch and beyond
• Lead game design initiatives, such as new features, or major system overhauls for existing and new games
• Work closely with designers, engineers, artists and producers to design, tune and implement various aspects of games
• Lead and mentor other designers on best practices
• Analyze real-time feedback and metrics, and adjust game designs accordingly
• Produce, review and feedback game design documentation, level-design, level-scripting, data entry, game balancing, social features, reward structure, accessibility, viral aspects, monetization
• Benchmark, document and analyze the competition
• Explore new game ideas, participate to market studies and propose new game concepts
• Give and accept critique in a constructive manner
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
• Proven aptitude designing & launching top-performing iOS, Android or Facebook games
• In-depth knowledge of & demonstrable expertise with Freemium games & monetization features
• 3-4 years game design experience and at least 1 year of specific experience in the Mobile/Social space
• Desire and aptitude to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing, fast-paced creative environment
• Extensive knowledge of in game design (playability, learning curve, production, difficulty management, pacing, rewards, accessibility, etc…)
• Disciplined, self-managed and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
• Able to communicate easily and to convey ideas concisely in a visual manner through perfect presentations
• Good experience with multimedia software (Office, Adobe, Macromedia)
Why do you want to work for Gameloft? Here are a few good reasons:
• Our offices are casual and the environment is relaxed
• Work on projects downloaded and reviewed by millions of users. Games published on the Appstore and Google Play
• Additional week of holidays after 6 months with us
• Flexible working hours
• Football and Ping Pong table
• No dress code, just come dressed
• Video game contests with the team
• The work is challenging but rewarding
• We are paving new ground every day in the areas of mobile gaming and more
• It’s the perfect place to make your mark in the gaming industry
• Relatively small studio, meaning you can make a big impression on the direction of the company
If you want the fun and feel of a start-up company, but the solid management and resources of a world class company, just send your CV to email@example.com
Please send your application under the reference “SGD-GE-GDL”.
All candidates should expect to take a short assessment test.
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Kerikea Morgan|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|