Gameloft - Guadalajara | Guadalajara Jalisco MEX | Full Time | Posted: 11/15/2012
Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA).
Gameloft is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA).
Gameloft’s sponsored Level 1 ADR (ticker: GLOFY) is traded OTC in the US.
Gameloft, a leading international publisher and developer of video games for smartphones, tablets and consoles, is seeking a Technical Director to join his existing talent pool on creating iPhone games in one of his production studios in Guadalajara, Mexico. Qualified candidates will link up with imaginative design teams to create hot new game titles, fulfilling a wide range of genres from hardcore action to casual simulation and freemium games.
• Responsible for the entire studio programming department
• Ensure projects are delivered on time while targeting the best experience and quality
• Work together with the Studio Manager, the Producers and the Worldwide technical leads to achieve the studio’s objectives
• Responsible for all the technology/architecture and processes choices and decisions
• Recommend solutions and approve plans and roadmaps
• Ensure code quality, code reviewing and code best practices
• Drive staff capabilities & career path : performance/expertise tracking, training, recruiting & succession planning in coordination with HR and Studio Manager
• Work in relation with other worldwide studios technical directors to improve the company programming standards and engines
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
• University Degree in Computer Engineering/Science
• Strong technical and game development background/experience
• Expertise in C/C++ , OOP Design , 3D programming practices
• Strong knowledge in several domains (Rendering , Animation , Multiplayer, Sound, Tools, AI, Scripting, Optimization)
• Previous experience on mobile platforms such as iOS and Android a huge plus
• Exceptional problem solving skills : identifying issues and promoting solutions and optimizations
• Experience with middlewares ( UDK /Unity ) a plus
• Experience with scripting/interpreted language ( Python / Lua /C# / Java ) a plus
• Experience with graphics tools (3dsMax, Photoshop) a plus
• Experience in social gaming a plus
• Previous experience in a management role preferred
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Ability to meet tight production deadlines and work collaboratively in a fast-paced production environment
• Good teaching and mentorship skills
• Set an example to all team members by regularly demonstrating strong work ethics, quality of work, teamwork and motivation
• Fluent English preferred
Why do you want to work for Gameloft? Here are a few good reasons:
• Our offices are casual and the environment is relaxed
• Work on projects downloaded and reviewed by millions of users. Games published on the Appstore and Google Play
• Additional week of holidays after 6 months with us
• Flexible working hours
• Football and Ping Pong table
• No dress code, just come dressed
• video game contests with the team
• The work is challenging but rewarding
• We are paving new ground every day in the areas of mobile gaming and more
• It’s the perfect place to make your mark in the gaming industry
• Relatively small studio, meaning you can make a big impression on the direction of the company
If you want the fun and feel of a start-up company, but the solid management and resources of a world class company, just send your CV to email@example.com
Please send your application under the reference “TD-ALL-GDL”.
All candidates should expect to take a short assessment test.
|Location||Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Kerikea Morgan|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|