Manager, Brand Marketing
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group | Burbank CA 91505 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/15/2012
The WBHEG includes Warner Home Video, Warner Bros. Digital Distribution, Warner Bros. Advanced Digital Services, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (including Warner Bros. Games), Warner Premiere, Warner Bros. Technical Operations and Warner Bros. Anti-Piracy Operations. Its founding recognized the ongoing changes in the way consumers access entertainment product, and the WBHEG seeks to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios to make the Studio's content available to audiences through as many channels, platforms and devices as possible. The WBHEG is also charged with harnessing the benefits of emerging technologies, as well as managing the risks these technologies pose to the economic value of the content. By grouping like business units and streamlining the process of delivering the Studio's content to consumers in the format of their choice as conveniently as possible, the WBHEG is positioning the Studio to maintain an industry-leading and defining role in the rapidly evolving home entertainment marketplace while moving consumers' home entertainment experiences into a new era.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. seeks a Manager, Marketing (Core Games) for the WB Interactive Entertainment department. Under direction of the Director, Marketing, the WBIE Core Games Marketing Manager is responsible for developing the franchise plan and global brand marketing plans for key WB franchise(s). In this role, the Marketing Manager will lead in the strategy and execution of key marketing initiatives for assigned titles including product positioning, creative development, and media strategy. The Marketing Manager will work closely with the developers, international territory marketing managers and internal cross-functional groups such as PR, Trade Marketing and Sales to ensure a successful integrated campaign execution. In addition, the Marketing Manager interfaces with various WB and Time Warner divisions and external Promotional & Licensing partners to manage the execution of cross-divisional and cross-promotional opportunities supporting the titles.
• Manage the strategy and execution of consumer marketing campaigns for key WBIE franchises. Working in conjunction with the Director, Marketing – collaborate on the execution of worldwide marketing and promotional activities for assigned titles.
• Participate in the development of marketing plans and materials for assigned videogame titles.
• Execute assigned marketing activities including product positioning, creative development (packaging, advertising creative, website), media strategy, online community development and promotions.
• Manage the marketing asset deliverable schedule to ensure the timely delivery and completion of marketing materials and assets.
• Ensure that territory marketing strategies are fully integrated and campaign components are consistent with WB brand and property guidelines.
• Facilitate requisite material approvals with internal/external stakeholders to ensure that all videogame marketing efforts are consistent with WB property guidelines.
• Lead qualitative and quantitative research studies to gain consumer insight, identify strategic opportunities and to optimize product quality & marketing communication effectiveness.
• Marketing budget management, including defining spending allocations, tracking costs, raising Purchase Orders and handling invoice payments.
• Work collaboratively with internal/external brand stakeholders to drive brand programs. Manage the integration of activities across key internal & external cross-functional groups and partners into the marketing campaign for key WB franchise(s).
• Coordinate marketing deliverables and related activities across key internal cross-functional group including PR, Trade Marketing and Sales.
• Develop strong internal relationships & partnerships throughout WB and Time Warner divisions to maximize cross-promotional opportunities.
• Develop and manage external cross-promotional partnerships to extend the reach and impact of the campaign.
• Work closely with product development to gain in-depth product knowledge, coordinate assets and facilitate marketing and PR related requests and activities.
• Close coordination with key internal personnel such as Sales, Operations, Finance and Research teams to support sell-in initiatives, achieve product goals and maximize lifecycle profitability.
• BA/BS degree required.
• MBA Preferred.
• Coursework emphasis in business/marketing strongly preferred.
• 3+ years as brand manager in videogames required.
• 4+ marketing experience in a related capacity for an entertainment company required.
• Experience marketing to core gamers (M 18-34) and passion for videogames required.
• Previous experience managing products globally preferred.
• Proven track record of successful project management.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully, both oral and written.
• Must have strong balance of quantitative/analytical and creative skills.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs required.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with colleagues, vendors, licensees and other levels of personnel.
• Strong written & oral communication and presentation skills.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must have the ability to work under pressure.
• Must be able to perform and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
If interested in this position, please apply online at:
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Burbank, CA, 91505, United States|
|Categories||Marketing / PR / Communications|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|