Online Services Programmer
TimeGate Studios | Sugar Land TX 77478 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/14/2012
We’re seeking creative, fun, and highly talented individuals to join us for work on multiple current and next generation projects. Located just an hour from the ocean, and mere minutes away from downtown Houston, Sugar Land is able to offer the perfect mixture of big-city amenities and small town charm. TimeGate Studios offers competitive salaries, full benefits, 401k, relocation assistance, and monthly company events.
For additional information regarding open positions or our current projects, please visit us on the web at www.timegate.com.
You understand that game development is about the fans first and foremost, and features that foster healthy community development are your bread and butter. As the invisible bridge that unites players across the globe, you know how to match players fairly, you know what persistent data to provide, and you know how to effectively integrate social media into a game. Database and web development only round out your robust skillset. You are an Online Services Programmer, and longevity depends on you.
• Design and implement highly scalable and extensible server architecture with a heavy focus on data driven design
• Design API and backend requirements to satisfy specific user stories provided by a client
• Design and implement RESTful web services using primarily Java EE
• Design and implement database communication via SQL
• Design and implement tools and scripts to aid in server maintenance
• Ensure good communication with other departments and provide status reports to management
• Expert in server-side web application languages (Java/JSP/Servlets, C#.NET /ASP.NET, Perl, PHP)
• Experience programming in an environment based on asynchronous transactions
• Excellent programming practices geared towards scalability and performance
• Excellent abilities in debugging and diagnostics
• Comfortable with Linux/UNIX, Apache, and Tomcat
• Must have excellent object-oriented design and analysis skills
• Must have excellent communication and documentation skills
• Understanding of the REST architectural style and experience developing RESTful web services
• Experience developing with the Java EE platform and common web development libraries
• Experience with web security techniques and encryption
• Experience designing and using automated testing solutions
• Experience programming in C++
• Previous game development experience
• Experience developing services that integrate with other online platforms (Steam, GFWL, Facebook, Twitter, Google, …)
• Windows development experience
• Experience designing user-facing features with focus on optimal user experience/interface
• Experience programming tools and scripts to assist in development and automation
• Strong math background
• Strong Computer Science background: data-driven systems, algorithms, data structures, ...
• Experience playing a variety of games especially games with extensive online feature sets
• Aggressive, motivated team player
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree (B.S.), or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or a related degree.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Sugar Land, TX, 77478, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Windows|
|Contact Name||Aaran Pate|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|