Senior Environment Artist
Airtight Games | Redmond WA 98001 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/06/2012
Airtight Games is looking for an experienced Senior Environment Artist to join that team. We are seeking motivated game-savvy senior modeler/texture artists capable of delivering the highest-quality game art possible and ready to work in a collaborative, cross-discipline environment. You must be detail oriented with at least one AAA game title shipped and four years of game industry experience. You must have a clear understanding of game development processes and experience with 3D software.
• Formal art related training to the equivalency of a BFA is preferred.
• At least 4 years industry experience in a similar role with at least one title shipped on a next gen platform.
• Traditionally skilled artist with strong fundamentals and an exceptional understanding of composition, space, structure, form, and color.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, working with varied disciplines and personalities.
• Skilled 3D artist capable of creating high poly and low poly levels, vehicles, objects, and materials.
• Highly skilled in Maya and/or XSI, Photoshop, Mudbox, and the Unreal 3 Engine.
• Works quickly and effectively thinking creatively in a fast paced, ever changing development environment.
• Ability to create realistic materials, shaders, and textures using next generation techniques.
• Problem-solver must be proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to make timely decisions that are both well thought out and balanced.
• Excellent understanding of art production for next-gen games.
• Positive, solution-oriented individual with a passion for making the highest quality games.
• As a member of the environment team you will help create levels, architecture, vehicles, objects, textures and materials.
• You will create high and low poly assets and work with the design, concept, effects, tech, and character teams as needed.
• Seek out problems and opportunities and then drive them to resolution.
• Create industry leading environments using an excellent understanding of color, composition, material properties, lighting and form.
• Provide input and work with design on creating well developed levels to showcase both the game play and art.
• Report to the Lead Environment Artist.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Redmond, WA, 98001, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Windows|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Senior Env Artist|