Airtight Games | Redmond WA 98052 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/06/2012
We are seeking a dynamic Senior Character Animator who is ready to work in a collaborative, cross-discipline environment on a project with an emphasis on character animation and performance. You must be detail oriented with at least one AAA game title shipped and four years production experience.
• At least 1+ AAA title shipped while operating in a similar position
• A strong understanding of animation fundamentals and visual storytelling principles
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, working with varied disciplines and personalities
• Expert understanding of Maya; rigging tools, dependency graphs, motion graphs, expression editor
• Highly desirable to have a strong understanding of the entire process of modeling for animation, building effective rigs for games, and integrating animation into the game including blending systems for discreet 3rd person and AI animation
• Must be capable of mentoring a small team of animators
• Works quickly, effectively and thinks creatively in a fast paced, ever changing development environment
• Problem-solver must be proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to make timely decisions that are both well thought out and balanced
• Familiarity with the Unreal engine and the animation systems within it is a large plus
• Experience working with motion capture data and/or within a motion capture pipeline is a plus
• Familiarity with MEL scripting is a plus
• Secondary knowledge of other art disciplines (modeling, rigging, texturing, etc..) and/or production software (XSI, Zbrush, Photoshop, etc) is a plus
• Positive, solution-oriented individual with a passion for making the highest quality games.
• Create full-body keyframed animation, facial acting, lip-sync, camera movements, and modify motion capture animation for use in gameplay and cut-scenes
• Assist with the integration of animation into the UE3 engine
• Assist animation direction by creating pre-rendered visualizations and animatics as needed.
• Work with the animation pipeline including motion capture, facial expressions, and lip sync and help refine and streamline the animation process
• Work closely with the Art Director, Lead Animator, Cinematic Lead, Lead Game Designer, character rigger, character artists, tech artists, and other animators to implement the highest quality animation possible in an efficient and productive manner.
• Work closely with the character artists on models and character designs for optimal animation performance and efficiency
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Redmond, WA, 98052, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Windows|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|