Senior Network Programmer
ROBLOX Corporation | San Mateo CA 94401 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/05/2012
ROBLOX is a leading user-generated gaming site that makes players the architects of their own 3D worlds, drawing over one billion page views and 21 million in-game hours each month. The site is ranked #1 in the US for total engagement time within the 8-14 year old segment, and is rapidly growing in popularity amongst players aged 15+. Our vision is to become the leader in user-generated gaming for all ages, around the world. On ROBLOX, players use core building components to create elaborate online games that simulate the real world. Check out our latest news at blog.roblox.com.
About the Job:
We are seeking a highly skilled senior software engineer to join the Game Physics & Network team. If you enjoy building a large scale distributed 3D physics simulation environment and hunger to understand the workings and infrastructure of a massive online user-generated gaming platform, this is your dream job.
• Participate in determining technical approaches and developing new or enhancing network technologies
• Implement and own major distributed simulation features
• Implement and optimize the virtual world replication protocol
• Maintain and optimize the test automation framework for distributed simulation
• Collaborate with all client engineering teams to build a scalable and versatile game networking environment
• Strong background in high performance C++
• Experience with high level scalable server architecture design
• Networking experience in TCP / IP and UDP protocols
• Self-sufficient, self-organized, and able to take ownership of a project throughout its full lifecycle
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Please apply here
To view all of our current opportunities and learn more about ROBLOX, please go to: jobs.roblox.com
Salary is negotiable based on experience and/or qualifications. ROBLOX provides a complete compensation package including stock options, health insurance benefits and a 401k program
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Mateo, CA, 94401, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer, Console / PC Games, Smartphone / Tablet Games|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Online Multiplayer,Mac OS X,Windows,Mobile phone|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|