International Game Technology | Reno NV 89521 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/05/2012
While many things make IGT an acclaimed, world-class company, it's the people who drive IGT's success. Innovative thinking, career development, and the freedom to express new ideas in a casual environment create the dynamic IGT culture. IGT's inclusive and diverse atmosphere fosters the development of teams that create our award-winning products and deliver outstanding customer service.
Our employees drive our success, and we're always looking for talented people to join our team - people who are smart and committed to excellence. Does that describe you? Explore the opportunities and discover why IGT is the career choice for you.
We offer an Excellent Benefits Package which includes a Great Medical Benefits Plan, a Profitable Cash Sharing Program, a Great 401K/Profit Sharing Plan that is quite unique, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 8 Paid Holidays per year plus 3 weeks Accrued Time Off, a Tuition Reimbursement Program and much more...
As one of the vital creative engines for International Game Technology, Ignite Studio focuses on delivering products to our domestic partners and rapidly expanding international markets. With hit titles like Godzilla, The Dark Knight and Wolf Run to name just a few, our unique studio environment promotes a “work hard, play harder,” environment to ensure employees have a proper work/home life balance to enjoy all our vibrant community has to offer. In the shadows of the Sierras, Reno gets over 300 days of sunshine each year, is minutes to world class skiing and summer activities in Lake Tahoe, and has many multicultural events that happen throughout the year in our area.
We are seeking a Lead Artist – an enthusiastic, flexible, creative talent to complement an industry leading team in their quest to create next generation interactive games for the casino environment. You will work on all aspects of a game's visual design, UI, art, animation, marketing artwork, and more. Blending artistic expertise and technical ability, you will design visually stimulating content that will enhance game playability and showcase original experiences to a wide player audience. This position will use their talents to constructively communicate and create content with a motivated cross disciplined team, participate and grow in a collaborative environment, and help shape the industry with their innovative creations.
· Conceptualize, design and create highly refined Illustration and graphic art for games.
· Create and design symbol illustrations, logos, menus, UIs, buttons, etc.
· Create animations, motion graphics and particle effects.
· Focus includes traditional slot games and cutting edge, multi-display video products.
· Produce work across a broad range of subjects and styles - from Godzilla to CSI - from detailed, realistically rendered images to cartoony/ more stylized themes….and everything in-between.
· Must possess high degree of expertise in creative thinking and technical abilities.
· Mentor, train and communicate to less experienced team members on art skills and techniques.
· Participate in art reviews and studio critiques.
· Understand slot game design practices, game playability and actively play all studio products and give feedback to help ensure a quality product.
· Participates in establishing work assignments, content delivery reviews, milestones, QA/testing, research, etc.
· Work on multiple products and have ability to multitask.
· Outstanding traditional art skills – Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience.
· 8 to 12 years of experience in Illustration, graphic design and animation.
· 1 to 2 years of lead experience a plus.
· Advanced experience with Photoshop and Illustrator.
· 2d animation/ After Effects knowledge is required. Particle Illusion and Trap Code experience a plus.
· Great sense of line and form, color and lighting, human anatomy, and both character and
· Strong graphic design skills - including typography, composition, and graphic illustration.
· Ability to thumbnail and conceptualize ideas quickly, produce storyboards, and provide rapid-iteration of drawings (exploring overall design, atmosphere, lighting and form).
· Experience with an industry standard 3-D package is a plus, but not required.
· Knowledge of gaming field trends and gaming design preferred.
· Must be organized, goal and detailed oriented. Strong communication and problem solving skills.
· Must be collaborative - with the ability to take direction and to play well with others.
· Must be 21 years of age.
· DEMO REEL / PORTFOLIO SAMPLES REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Reno, NV, 89521, United States|
|Annual Salary||80,000.00 - 90,000.00/Yearly|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Tracy Santos|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|