Senior Software Engineer
Autodesk | Greenbelt MD 20770 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/12/2012
Autodesk Inc. is looking for a talented and experienced Software Engineer to work on our Scaleform middleware SDK. The applicant for this position will be responsible for designing, implementing, extending and maintaining various subsystems, tools, integrations, and applications related to our SDK and add-on packages. Software implementation should be efficient, easy to understand, documented and run on a variety of platforms, including PCs, game consoles, and mobile devices.
The Software Engineer will be working hand-in-hand with other engineers and possibly content creators. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a strong technical background, a passion for middleware, tools and games, and enjoys being part of a powerful and experienced engineering team.
Autodesk Scaleform leverages the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set and enables the fastest way to create powerful and immersive User Interface environments. Scaleform is the leading UI middleware solution in the videogame industry, and its products are used in the development of over 800 video game titles to date.
Autodesk Scaleform's offices are centrally located within the Washington Metropolitan area, which encompasses Southern Maryland, Washington DC, and Northern Virginia. We are in close proximity to Annapolis, Baltimore, and Columbia as well as the University of Maryland and the Goddard Space Flight Center.
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
Job Title and Number: Senior Software Engineer, #12WD11044
Location: Greenbelt, MD
• Design and implement subsystems, tools, integrations, and applications that utilize and demonstrate the SDK and related technologies across multiple platforms.
• Support customers and partners to troubleshoot issues and assist with answer engine integration issues.
• Work with integrations of our SDK in top game engines such as Unity and Unreal.
• Produce clean, maintainable, well-documented code in adherence with internal standards.
• Actively participate in decision making and direction by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
• B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
• Strong C/C and programming skills
• At least 3 years professional experience, game-industry preferred, with experience shipping commercial applications or games
• Must have excellent time, task, and resource organization skills and be willing to meet aggressive deadlines
• Must be able to work well with other programmers and existing codebases
• Must understand basic principles of developing efficient code and data
• Program in a methodical and structured manner resulting in robust and maintainable code
• Motivated, self-starter, creative thinker, ability to work alone and as part of a team
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with Flash and ActionScript is a plus
Autodesk provides one of the most exceptional compensation and benefit packages, including stock options for all employees, 401k matching, six-week sabbatical after four years of employment, domestic partner policy, ongoing employee training and development, flexible work hours and more!
If you are an extraordinary person who strives for excellence, please submit your resume online at http://www.autodesk.com/careers - Job Req #12WD11044. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Greenbelt, MD, 20770, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Windows,Windows Mobile,Mobile phone|
|Contact Name||Talent Acquisition|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|