Uken Games | Toronto ON M5E1K3 CAN | Full Time | Posted: 11/02/2012
We have a quirky nerdy culture that fosters creativity, collaboration, quality ideas, and a data driven mindset. We believe in moving quickly and improving constantly and that mantra is reflected in the weekly updates we make to our games and internal technologies. We have an appetite for pushing technical boundaries and we’ve done exactly that with HTML5. We work on products that are used by millions of people everywhere and we’re just getting started.
To make our games delight users around the world, there is obviously a lot of game design, production, and development work. Under the hood, we build a lot of internal tools and services which make the process of building games much easier and faster. We're constantly looking for brilliant people who share our passions to come build amazing products with us. If you ever get a chance, drop by and say hi. Our office is fun and hacker friendly, filled with collaborative meeting spaces, lots of big monitors, catered breakfast and lunch daily, smoothies, fresh fruit, and foosball!
Uken is looking for a game designer to become a driving force in one of our game teams.
You'd be WORKING ON meaningful things like:
- conceptualizing and detailing game ideas and mechanics;
- prototyping and testing new mechanics and systems;
- working closely with developers and artists to implement ideas;
- analyzing user metrics to perfect the game experience;
- managing & updating game content and copy.
Your BACKGROUND should include:
- at least 1-2 years experience as a game designer;
- proven game design talents and excellent knowledge of social game mechanics;
- the ability to comfortably build and manage game models in excel;
- the ability to communicate clearly;
- an appetite to learn, grow, and take on increasingly more responsibility.
It'd be a BIG PLUS if you have:
- shipped a large scale social or mobile game;
- a solid understanding of the game development life cycle;
- a background in programming;
- incredible passion for both creating and playing games.
We believe in a fun & meaningful WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- you'll be equipped with a MacBook Pro/Air, 27" Cinema Display, iOS/Android device;
- stock options and competitive salaries;
- full health, dental, vision coverage;
- snacked-filled kitchen and booster juice breaks;
- fully catered meals;
- convenient location at the corner of Yonge & King.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Toronto, ON, M5E1K3, Canada|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|