Senior Software Engineers -(C++/3d Math)
Havok | San Francisco CA 94105 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/02/2012
Havok engineering has been at the cutting edge of innovation in game development for over a decade. We work cross platform, mainly on AAA titles, with top clients such as EA, Sony, Activision, Nintendo, Ubisoft, Bungie, Guerrilla, and DICE. We have a unique environment made up of talented, small, stable teams. We provide each of our engineers with an opportunity to make a real impact on our environment, our business and the direction of our industry standard products.
We have a supportive environment where you will have career, travel and research opportunities. We operate in high spec, relaxed offices in some of the most exciting cities around the world. Our salaries are competitive and we provide excellent benefit and relocation packages.
We hire people based on their talent and potential to contribute so if you think you have what it takes we want to hear from you.
Senior Software Engineer- Vacancies in San Francisco, Ireland and Germany
Development in Havok:
• You will work in small focused teams of highly motivated and talented developers
• You will be part of a professional stable development environment that is not subject to the long periods of crunch time typically associated with game development
• Each developer / programmer will be expected to take responsibility for, and strongly influence the products they develop and the customers they work with at Havok
• You will have the opportunity to work on and gain experience with the expanding range of hardware platforms we support.
• You will have the opportunity to work with some of the best games teams in the industry
• Developing optimized code in C/C++ for the very latest hardware platforms e.g. (PS3,Xbox 360,Wii,PC, Mobile, Android ,iPhone)
• Writing cross-platform, multithreaded engine code
• Leading and participating in code reviews with other members of the engineering team on a regular basis
• Working on all aspects of Software Development including implementation, testing, documentation and delivery
• Working directly with product management and customers to understand their requirements and implement software solutions
• Developing and maintaining one of the most respected codebases in the games industry
• Drafting tutorials, white papers and speaking at technical meetings / conferences
• Taking ownership of more general projects/responsibilities within the development team such as recruitment initiatives, presentations and technical relationships with partner companies
• Working directly with customers, often on-site, to ensure they are getting the most from Havok products
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Exceptional C++ skills and experience with Object Oriented Programming technique
• Strong game industry experience (5 years plus)
• Experience developing 3D graphics applications and tools
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
• Proven ability to work in a team environment on a shared code base
• Low level optimization skills, experience in middleware and physics
• Experience working with established, large-scale software architectures
• Experience working within and extending one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl and/or LUA)
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94105, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer, Console / PC Games, Serious Games|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 1,Playstation 2,Playstation 3,Xbox,Xbox 360,Gamecube,Wii,Arcade/Coin-Op,Interactive TV,Online Multiplayer,Browser Based Games,Linux / UNIX,Mac OS X,Windows,Windows Mobile,Palm OS,Mobile phone,PSP,Game Boy Color,Game Boy Advance,Nintendo DS,PSP2|
|Contact Name||James Byrne|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|