Senior Game Systems Designer (f/m)
YAGER Development | Berlin Berlin 10997 DEU | Full Time | Posted: 10/31/2012
We are an English speaking studio with more than 100 people from 15 different countries. This rich mix of individual skills, backgrounds, and perspectives creates an open-minded and collaborative atmosphere vital to the success of our productions.
BERLIN is the creative heart of Europe, affording a quality of life and life experiences unmatched on the continent. Not only is it the capital of the German republic, it is a thriving metropolis rich in history, architecture and culture. It is home to a vibrant nightlife, and the cost of living is the lowest in Europe for a city of its size. Berlin is an excellent launch point to any destination in Europe and is known for its first-rate public transportation system, which puts the entire city just a short transit ride away.
YAGER is housed in a 1500m2 loft on the banks of the river Spree in the heart of Berlin-Kreuzberg, one of the most energetic and culturally rich neighborhoods in Berlin. Numerous affordable and eclectic restaurants and shops are all located within a short walk from the office.
• Design and prototype core gameplay systems
• Implement and balance gameplay features from initial design to final polish
• Create and maintain internal design documentation, including feature specifications and implementation guides
• Collaborate with the team to ensure the implementation of systems into actual gameplay and maintain overall balance between multiple gameplay systems
• Iterate, balance and tune gameplay features based on ideas and feedback from team, QA and play testing during the whole production
• Work closely with Creative Director and product owners towards the game vision
• 5+ years of industry experience, ideally in a systems design capacity. RTS or RPG experience is a plus
• Experience balancing complex gameplay systems
• Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams in flat hierarchy
• Ability to deliver under deadlines and time constraints
• Superb written and oral communication skills (English)
• Avid gamer with knowledge and understanding of various games and game types
• Previous experience with Unreal
• Experience with free to play title development
• Experience with Scrum and Kanban production methods
• Status: Employment
• Start: as soon as possible
Join Our Team!
Please send your application (letter of application, C.V., digital working samples, references – max. 10MB) along with salary and availability details to the attention of our HR Department to email@example.com. Please be sure to reference "Senior Game Systems Designer (f/m)" and on which page you found the job ad in the subject line of your email.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Berlin, Berlin, Germany|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director, Console / PC Games|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Human Resources|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Primary Phone||+49 30 69597660|
|Primary Fax||+49 30 69597680|