Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group | Burbank CA 91501 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/30/2012
The WBHEG includes Warner Home Video, Warner Bros. Digital Distribution, Warner Bros. Advanced Digital Services, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (including Warner Bros. Games), Warner Premiere, Warner Bros. Technical Operations and Warner Bros. Anti-Piracy Operations. Its founding recognized the ongoing changes in the way consumers access entertainment product, and the WBHEG seeks to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios to make the Studio's content available to audiences through as many channels, platforms and devices as possible. The WBHEG is also charged with harnessing the benefits of emerging technologies, as well as managing the risks these technologies pose to the economic value of the content. By grouping like business units and streamlining the process of delivering the Studio's content to consumers in the format of their choice as conveniently as possible, the WBHEG is positioning the Studio to maintain an industry-leading and defining role in the rapidly evolving home entertainment marketplace while moving consumers' home entertainment experiences into a new era.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. seeks a Senior Producer for the Production department. The Senior Producer is responsible for overseeing a major AAA project shipping on all consoles. This role is responsible for overseeing all of the main project’s ancillary products, such as handheld and mobile skus including second-screen experiences. This role is also responsible for overseeing the projects post-launch phase including DLC, MTX catalogues (if applicable), software patches and updates. Responsibilities include forging strong, successful partnerships with internal and external development teams, including day-to-day communication and management as necessary. It also include overseeing localization efforts, managing licensor requests and feedback, helping to manage QA efforts internally, and closely tracking submission and approval process with the Developer, Publisher, and other internal and external stakeholders…communicating updates to all necessary parties. The Sr. Producer will ensure that milestones are delivered on-time, on-budget and complete as per the Development Agreement, and that the approved submissions maintain a high standard of brand integrity.
He or she will work with the Director, Talent Relations, to help coordinate voice sessions and/or with Licensor Talent Relations group, pending the project. They will also work with the Manager, Rights & Clearances, to identify any legal and rights/clearances issues and support Marketing and PR as needed.
He or she may work closely with external licensing partners to secure approvals from an art, animation and design standpoint. Meticulous attention to detail required to ensure files delivered to and from licensor are tracked properly and feedback is logged.
Additional job responsibilities may include:
•Work within WBIE's centralized online portal to create, document, and communicate project status as well as to maintain best practices and processes.
•Building visually compelling PowerPoint presentations for internal and external consumption. Art background and/or extensive experience with Illustrator and/or Photoshop a plus.
•Work within JIRA bug tracking tool, querying bugs, entering bug cases and reviewing, triaging bugs through the system. Previous experience with this tool a plus.
• Working directly with dev teams on the day to day development and production of WBIE product. This will incorporate all phases of project development.
• Reviewing all milestones for brand integrity and gameplay, and routing to third parties as necessary. Insuring relevant feedback is communicated to Developer and implemented in subsequent deliverables.
• Overseeing the Q/A and localization process with internal and external vendors.
• Communicating updates to all necessary team members. This includes but is not limited to weekly production updates, demos, visual presentations, PowerPoint presentations, meeting/conference calls, and site visits to the Developer.
• Supporting the VP, Production in other videogame projects as assigned.
• College degree or equivalent preferred.
• Game design/production training a plus.
• Previous Producer experience or equivalent with game developer or publisher.
• 7+ years experience in console/handheld videogame game production; experience shipping console/handheld games necessary.
• A strong background and understanding of multi-platform video game production preferred.
• Practical experience in setting, guiding and evaluating multiple styles of production processes.
• Multi-language localization experience preferred.
• Previous experience with multiplayer games is highly preferred.
• Strong and effective communication with multiple teams is required, including: developers, business development, marketing, PR, creative, QA, Exec and more.
• Strong project and time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve complex problems, juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Deadline driven and detail-oriented – a strategic thinker with a high attention to detail.
• Must excel at following up on task completion, identifying dependencies and disseminating information to staff and management.
• Excellent leadership interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to create, maintain, and track comprehensive project schedules.
• Ability to identify and resolve conflicts between budget, schedule and design goals.
• Ability to identify and mitigate risks.
• Ability to work under tight schedules and high-stress environment.
• Enthusiastic, positive, team oriented, and organized.
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Online/internet skills. Knowledge of MS Project and Powerpoint a plus.
If interested in this position, please apply online at:
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Burbank, CA, 91501, United States|
|Categories||Producer / Director / Project Manager|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|