Senior Environment Artist
Respawn Entertainment | San Fernando Valley CA 91411 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/25/2012
Respawn is developing a multi-platform video game for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. Its product will be based on new video game IP and will be funded through its publishing deal with Electronic Arts, one of the top publishers in the industry.
- Create highly detailed, believable, and immersive 3D environments and props for use in-game.
- Help create compelling worlds through modeling, texturing, and lighting.
- Work closely with designers and art leads to ensure that environmental assets fit vision and look/feel for the level.
- Help create style guides for in-game world and levels.
- Participate in research and development.
- Serve as mentor for more junior level artists.
- Conduct research for reference material, participate in photo shoots and help build texture library.
- Follow schedule and deliver assets on time.
- 5+ years’ experience as a 3D artist.
- Proactive self-starter.
- Portfolio of highly detailed 3D art with a focus on environments and variety of subject matter (buildings, props, natural landscapes, etc).
- Portfolio should show quality, taste, and ability to hit a photorealistic/believable look.
- Mastery of standard art packages such as Maya, Photoshop and Zbrush.
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, and surface properties.
- Strong understanding of architectural and mechanical design.
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
- Shipped AAA game/s a plus.
To apply, please send resume and portfolio/ link to online portfolio, to email@example.com.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Fernando Valley, CA, 91411, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|Pref Degree||Master's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Kristin Christopher|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|