Uken Games | Toronto ON M5E 1K3 CAN | Full Time | Posted: 10/24/2012
We have a quirky nerdy culture that fosters creativity, collaboration, quality ideas, and a data driven mindset. We believe in moving quickly and improving constantly and that mantra is reflected in the weekly updates we make to our games and internal technologies. We have an appetite for pushing technical boundaries and we’ve done exactly that with HTML5. We work on products that are used by millions of people everywhere and we’re just getting started.
To make our games delight users around the world, there is obviously a lot of game design, production, and development work. Under the hood, we build a lot of internal tools and services which make the process of building games much easier and faster. We're constantly looking for brilliant people who share our passions to come build amazing products with us. If you ever get a chance, drop by and say hi. Our office is fun and hacker friendly, filled with collaborative meeting spaces, lots of big monitors, catered breakfast and lunch daily, smoothies, fresh fruit, and foosball!
Uken is looking for talented software engineers to become members of our core development team.
You'd be working on meaningful things like:
- creating performant, cross-platform games with the latest HTML5;
- building game features that are deployed weekly to our millions of players;
- writing beautiful, maintainable code with extensive test coverage.
Your background should include:
- proven software engineering skills;
- excellent understanding of web architecture;
- the ability to communicate clearly;
- an appetite to learn, grow, and take on increasingly more responsibility;
- a strong desire to build something that people want (badly).
It'd be a big plus if you have:
- experience developing games;
- experience building applications for mobile platforms;
- contributed to an open source project (include your github profile);
We believe in a fun & meaningful work environment:
- you'll be equipped with a MacBook Pro/Air, 27" monitors, iOS/Android device;
- stock options and competitive salaries;
- full health, dental, vision coverage;
- snacked-filled kitchen and booster juice breaks;
- catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner;
- convenient location at the corner of Yonge & King.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Toronto, ON, M5E 1K3, Canada|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|