Field Application Engineer (Military & Simulation) - Orlando
Havok | Orlando FL 32826 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/24/2012
Havok engineering has been at the cutting edge of innovation in game development for over a decade. We work cross platform, mainly on AAA titles, with top clients such as EA, Sony, Activision, Nintendo, Ubisoft, Bungie, Guerrilla, and DICE. We have a unique environment made up of talented, small, stable teams. We provide each of our engineers with an opportunity to make a real impact on our environment, our business and the direction of our industry standard products.
We have a supportive environment where you will have career, travel and research opportunities. We operate in high spec, relaxed offices in some of the most exciting cities around the world. Our salaries are competitive and we provide excellent benefit and relocation packages.
We hire people based on their talent and potential to contribute so if you think you have what it takes we want to hear from you.
Havok has an immediate opening for a Field Application Engineer with a background in C++ and 3d development, to join our Military & Simulation team based on Orlando, Florida. We hire people based on their talent and potential to contribute so if you think you have what it takes we want to hear from you.
Havok engineering has been at the cutting edge of innovation in game development for over a decade, and over the past five years we have made significant progress broadening our portfolio to include many key players in the Military and Simulation markets. We work closely with some of the largest and well known integrators in the world such as Lockheed Martin, SAIC, Boeing, Camber, KMW, Rheinmetal Defence.
We have a supportive environment where you will have career growth, travel and research opportunities. We operate in relaxed offices in some of the most exciting cities around the world. Our salaries are competitive and we provide excellent benefit packages.
• Each Field Engineer will be expected to take responsibility for, and strongly influence the products they support and the customers they work with at Havok. Feedback from customers will play a significant impact on the development lifecycle
• Work directly with product management and customers to understand their requirements and suggest the most appropriate solutions
• Lead potential customer’s technical progress from the evaluation phase through to technical acceptance
• Assist on some professional services and software development work (C++, 3d Math)
• Work directly with customers, often on-site, to ensure they are getting the most from Havok products
• Deliver technical presentations that communicate the value of Havok’s technology to a wide variety of interests at conferences, trade-shows, prospect visits and other occasions
• Keep up to date with the latest technical developments in Havok’s product lines, as well as latest developments and products that deliver competing technology
• Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience in C/C++ development (4-5 years preferred)
• 2 years’ experience working on Image Generator(IG) or Game Engine development
• Knowledge and experience in 3D Mathematics and 3D modelling tools
• Excellent communication skills with fluent English
• Strong interpersonal skills required to build relationships with customers
• Experience working with customers to understand their technical requirements
• Ability to advise customers’ the on best way to use/integrate Havok technology
• Willingness to travel 25-50% (Mostly around North America)
To apply, please visit www.havok.com/careers or email your resume to email@example.com
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Orlando, FL, 32826, United States|
|Categories||Producer / Director / Project Manager, Programmer / Engineer, Serious Games|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Wii,Linux / UNIX,Mac OS X,Windows|
|Contact Name||James Byrne|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Primary Phone||00353 472 4300|