Lead Mission Designer – 2K Czech
2K Czech | Prague CZE | Full Time | Posted: 10/24/2012
2K Czech is the premiere game development studio in Central Europe. We deliver beautifully crafted titles that entertain audiences around the world including the well-known Mafia series and the Top Spin franchise.
As a fully owned 2K studio, 2K Czech houses its operations in both Prague and Brno. We are located on the top floor in one of the most popular shopping malls in Prague. It is easily accessible by public transportation, and is located in the center of the city.
CZECH REPUBLIC is a member of the EU with a long-time tradition of craft beer brewing, a thriving wine industry, well-known spas, skiing and hiking resorts. Prague is a great metropolitan city offering a comfortable life, plentiful services and amusement with assurance of quality and affordability for everyone.
Lead Mission Designer – 2K Czech
LOCATION – PRAGUE, Czech Republic
We are looking for a seasoned Lead Mission Designer to join the team building the next AAA title of the studio. The Lead Mission Designer will guarantee the quality and variety of game experience in Missions, provide constructive feedback and mentor team members to deliver high quality content in timely fashion.
• Work closely with the Game Director to ensure overall project cohesion and quality. Serve as the local champion for the project's Mission design goals.
• Manage the Mission Design teams on 2 sites. Lead regular gameplay and design reviews and provide feedback, mentorship and tasking.
• Coordinate with production to detail, track and maintain the milestone schedule for all Missions work.
• Lead or participate in cross-disciplinary, implementation teams involving artists, programmers, and / or producers for project features and ongoing iteration.
• Organize, coordinate and respond to feedback from a variety of sources, including playtest sessions, focus tests, team feedback and publisher reviews, to continually iterate and drive quality forward.
• Author, revise and provide feedback on internal design documentation, including feature specifications and implementation guides. Establish and document internal quality targets and best practices.
• 5+ years of industry experience, with console experience preferred.
• Prior experience with modern 3D game engines and related editing tools.
• Prior management experience in a lead or sub-lead design role.
• Ability to work and lead in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment while delivering under deadlines and time constraints.
• Strong leadership ability including group communication, personnel management and project management. Experience with multi-site development a plus.
• Strong understanding of design and usability principles as they apply to games in general and to console action games specifically.
• Ability to deconstruct high-level gameplay systems and creative direction into specific technical details, features and tasks. Must have strong creative and problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
• Ability to learn new software tools and technologies
2k Czech Offers:
• A top secret, unannounced & super interesting project
• Competitive compensation package
• Opportunity to live & work in Prague!
• Help with relocation for employees coming from abroad
• Challenging job in an international environment
• Possibility to grow and further develop your skills
• Friendly and informal working atmosphere
• Modern offices nearby city center with easy access to public transportation
• Consoles and games library available to borrow
• Meal vouchers
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Prague, Czech Republic|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Chris Bigelow|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|