Demiurge Studios, Inc. | Cambridge MA 02139 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/23/2012
Demiurge is located in the heart of Cambridge, Massachusetts, minutes away from downtown Boston. We are stable, employee-oriented, and employee-owned. We focused on quality of life and smart development practices - before it was cool to talk about it. We maintain a creative, energetic atmosphere where individual input matters. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and sane working hours. Our resume speaks for itself, but it's our team that we're most proud of. Come join us!
Come make video games at Demiurge! If you're passionate about code quality and love video games, we'd like to hear from you. Demiurge is seeking software developers to work on gameplay systems, physics, networking, and design tools. As an engineer at Demiurge Studios you'll work with other engineers, artists and designers to deliver innovative games for the 360, PS3, PC, Android and iOS devices. Our development teams are cohesive and highly skilled...come join us!
- Work closely with art and design to dream up game features and define system requirements
- Implement, test, debug and maintain source code
- Think creatively and work proactively to solve any blocking issues for yourself and your teammates
- Deliver high quality, functional systems on time and to specification
- Develop and maintain web-based services for the game development team and our customers
- C++ programming and software architecture skills
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
- An understanding of 3D math, trigonometry and linear algebra
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interested in software engineering practices and in maintaining code quality
- A passion for video games
- Must be eligible to work in United States
Preference to Applicants with:
- 2+ years of experience in games or web development
- Experience developing software for one or more of the following systems: Physics, Animation, Graphics, Networking, Gameplay, AI, UI, Audio
- Experience architecting RESTful APIs
- Expertise with HTML, CSS and AJAX
- Experience with Amazon web services
- Database design using MySQL or similar
- Experience developing Facebook applications
- Engineering credits on one or more shipped titles for 360, PS3, PC or iOS
- Previously developed games using UE3 or Unity
- Experience setting up automated build systems and unit test frameworks.
- Opinions about agile methodologies
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
Please email your cover letter, resume and a code sample (C++ preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Cambridge, MA, 02139, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Wii,Mac OS X,Windows,Windows Mobile,Mobile phone,PSP,Nintendo DS,PSP2|
|Contact Name||Leeann Lee|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|