Game Data Analyst
LucasArts | San Francisco CA 94129-0909 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/23/2012
To support global business, Lucasfilm is looking for a Data Analyst who will be an integral part of LucasArts team.
This job will require close collaboration with the telemetry game development team and business users. Its main purpose consists of designing statistical experiments, benefiting game developers and business users to help acquiring and growing targeted game user base.
• Building statistical models for data insight into telemetry data from LucasArts game consoles
• Design experiments to enable A/B Testing
• Prepare consumable information to interpret the outcomes of statistical model outcomes
• Evaluate multi-click attribution systems across different scenarios
• Partner with business users and data consumers for understanding and satisfying business data needs
• Reporting Design
• Guide other members of the team as required
• Experience in data analysis and B.I. for video games. Analysis around gameplay, usability, and live producing preferred.
• Ability to translate the designers’ and live producer’s needs in telemetry into mockups. Strong aptitude for organizing data in an efficient and precise manner.
• Business acumen that can connect game mechanics/data to revenue data.
• Proficient and hands-on in implementing various statistical models and data mining tools. Past experience in predicative modeling, clustering, logistic regressions, multivariate regressions, decision trees, neural networks and similar models.
• Expert in MS Excel.
• Proficient in finding the best visualization for conveying efficiently the information to the teams in telemetry reports (focused on either playtests, live beta, or post-launch).
• Proficient in querying data (SQL) and MS PowerPoint. Expert in MS Excel.
• Creates metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for dashboards.
• Background and experience in A/B testing and MVT is a big plus.
• Experience with web analytics and their visualization tools, e.g. Omniture, Google Analytics, and Webtrends.
• Develops best practices and define/document analytical process.
• Experience in statistical modeling.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high-energy group.
• Bachelor/Master degree in Statistics/Mathematics/Computer science
• MBA will be a big plus.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94129-0909, United States|
|Categories||Business Development / Analyst / Legal|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|