SEGA of America | San Francisco CA 94103 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/22/2012
The PR Manager is the first point of contact for U.S. and European media. This employee will be responsible for securing previews, reviews, and features for a wide range of smartphone games. In supporting this new space, there will be a lot of room for creativity – we’re eager to try new things in order to get heard! The PR Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of enthusiast and consumer media relations for a number of SEGA’s mobile titles, including press materials development, event coordination, and internal/external management of game-related assets. The PR Manager is also responsible for managing any PR agencies over the lifetime of products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Evangelize SEGA titles internally/externally and create specialized PR campaigns unique to those games.
• Maintain ongoing dialogue with enthusiast media regarding deadlines, coverage opportunities, and the general perception of SEGA and competitive titles.
• Work with Marketing Manager to build marketing plans for entire life cycle of F2P social-mobile games.
• Work with PR agency to gain editorial in mass market and technology media outlets.
• Develop and maintain clear channels of communication and processes with product marketing, community management, and development team to deliver materials to media on time and on budget.
• Develop creative, unconventional approaches to obtaining editorials.
• Manage and staff press tours, events, trade shows, media interviews and ensure product messaging.
• Efficiently utilize and manage external agency services to supplement the activities of the internal PR team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• The ideal candidate will possess a strong blend of strategic, organizational, communication, and time management skills
• 4-5 years of communications or related marketing experience required
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Passionate about working in the games industry and in a team-oriented culture.
• Prior experience in PR for social games required; experience on the mobile side of the business is a plus.
• Excellent relationships with gaming enthusiast and consumer media are required.
• Working knowledge of the games industry and the competitive environment.
• Ability to create and apply strategic PR approaches and effectively communicate between various departments, internationally and across several time zones.
• Working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook required, Photoshop is a plus.
• Combination of agency and corporate (in-house) experience a plus.
• Fluency in Japanese is a plus.
• Occasional travel is required.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94103, United States|
|Categories||Marketing / PR / Communications|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Platforms||Browser Based Games,Windows Mobile,Palm OS,Mobile phone|
|Contact Name||Julie Dragland|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||PR Ma|