SEGA of America | San Francisco CA 94103 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/22/2012
The Game Master serves a critical role in the success of our online titles, acting as a conduit between our games and our players. SEGA West marketing, community and customer service will look to the Game Master as the expert when it comes to a title’s gameplay, social hooks and narrative.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Game monitoring:
• Patrol the game, interact with users, and glean key issues
• Observe general server status. Investigate user complaints about other users
• Warn/ban malicious users
• Maintains list of all actions towards accounts, tends to account removal, term bans, and warnings
• Test updates to ensure they are ready for release
• Spend time on the servers as needed
• Assist the SGN SOJ team with regular weekly maintenance and frequent content updates
3. Communication with players (in coordination with Community Manager):
• Read and delete inappropriate comments from forums
• Write and post announcements for server maintenance downtime, bug fixes, server updates
• Compile FAQ, based on commonly raised issues/questions
• Announce and hold community-building activities (in and out of game)
• Responsible for maintaining new quest and event update notices and planning out website additions or upgrades
• Plans larger event content with additional websites and communicates plans to community in an updated public plan
• Extend dialogue with community on monthly podcast
4. Communication with internal staff:
• Assist marketing team with preparing screenshots and game play videos
• Work with Community Manager to identify core audience and define user needs
• Provide regular updates about live events to SEGA West’s SGN team
• Communicate project status, recommendations, and requests clearly and effectively, both in writing and verbally
• Stay informed on new developments in the video game industry, particularly online community
• Strive to broaden knowledge of games, including competitive products
• Stay current on new design techniques and tools
Skills and Abilities
1. Demonstrates expertise in Microsoft Office.
2. 2-5 years experience in community management and/or forum moderation
3. Excellent knowledge of handling and routing PhotoShop files.
4. Understanding of HTML and other internet related technologies.
5. Excellent and consistent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Highly organized.
7. Excellent judgment and problem solving skills.
8. Excellent understanding or interest of broader entertainment industry, games, music, and movies.
9. Manages and executes multiple projects successfully and simultaneously
10. Presents ideas clearly to internal and external customers effectively.
11. Demonstrates ability to work independently.
12. Exhibits leadership on projects.
13. Expert in customer service and handling customer complaints and problems.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94103, United States|
|Categories||Social / Online Games|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Julie Dragland|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|