Digital Extremes | London ON N6A 5P2 CAN | Full Time | Posted: 10/22/2012
Digital Extremes first became known with the co-creation of Epic’s Unreal franchise, which has won numerous awards and sold millions of units. Following the success of the franchise, Digital Extremes entered the new generation of consoles with Dark Sector – the highly anticipated 3rd person action game. Dark Sector was the first release to be made with Digital Extremes’ proprietary Evolution Engine, a graphically rich gaming engine all built in-house. Following Dark Sector, Digital Extremes’ began the first of many collaborations with 2K Games – creating the entire Multiplayer portion of Bioshock 2. Soon after, 2K and Digital Extremes partnered up for the critically-acclaimed and recently released The Darkness 2. The Darkness 2 featured stunning visuals and visceral game play, all built in the Evolution Engine. Since the days of the glaive and demon arms, Digital Extremes has warped into space with its latest project: Star Trek. To be released in 2013, the company is creating a one of a kind co-op experience between Kirk and Spock.
Digital Extremes prides itself on providing a warm, inviting, creative work environment for its team and has recently been named as one of 'Canada's Top 100 Employers'. Competitive salaries, profit sharing, stock options, retirement matching, ample vacation and free daily homemade lunches are just a few of the many perks our employees enjoy. But all these perks aren't worth much if you're not working on exciting ambitious projects that get your creative juices flowing and that's where DE shines. So, join us in London, Ontario, the family-friendly Forest City and land of impressively affordable living to be a part of a passionate, devoted team of developing ninjas.
Digital Extremes is searching for a Senior Producer passionate about continuing the tradition of contributing to some of the most creative and influential games in our industry, which have included smash-hits from the Unreal and BioShock series! We are deeply absorbed in the development of yet another super secret, hugely anticipated, and very prestigious AAA 1st person shooter, and you could join our team and be involved!
Digital Extremes has been named one of 'Canada's Top 100 Employers' with competitive salaries, profit sharing, stock options, retirement matching, ample vacation and free daily homemade lunches.
• Collaborates with CEO, President and CFO to determine project timelines and budgetary requirements
• Facilitates high-level discussions with external publishers to determine project timelines and budget
• Organizes the preparation of design documentation, detailed milestone schedule and other marketing-type materials that may be required for pitches.
• Collaborates with Game Designer, Art Director and Leads to prepare a detailed Project Plan and Schedule including staffing for the course of development of new projects
• Builds highly effective relationships with internal and external organizations (Marketing, external development partners, etc.)
• Coordinates resources throughout the organization to ensure that schedules and deliverables meet defined objectives and quality standards
• Meets project milestones on time through meticulous organization and inspirational leadership
• Fully responsible for driving the success of the game by maintaining and disseminating the vision and core objectives
• Effectively and efficiently communicates information and proactively responds to questions from management, staff, development partners, and internal or external groups
• Develops, implements and manages production-conscious creation and approval processes for the team to follow
• Meets regularly with Leads and team members to review status of the project and proactively follow-up on outstanding issues
• Updates project plan on a regular basis
• Proactively identify risks/roadblocks/bottlenecks associated with meeting project milestones; works to ensure necessary steps are taken to resolve issues which may impede progress or compromise project’s objectives
• Works with leads and HR to determine staffing needs for the project
• Builds a respectfully objective, motivational, and encouraging atmosphere for highly creative and technical people.
• Directly manages team - day-to-day management and motivation of team members together with Leads
• Guides the project leads to create an organizational structure and processes that allow the team to efficiently produce high quality work on time and on budget
• Regularly schedules meetings with appropriate team members to ensure project plan is on track and to anticipate any potential milestone issues
• Mentors Assistant and Associate Producers
• Respectfully manage unsatisfactory employee situations in a professional manner
• 5+ years of experience in internal or external game development on AAA products
• Shipped at least 3 successful AAA titles, having managed these projects from concept through cert
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and communicate with all development disciplines.
• Experience building and managing relationships with vendors and other external resources
• Experience with scheduling tools a must and understanding of various production process and methodologies
• Experience managing conflict and mitigating/resolving risks.
• Proven and established negotiation skills.
• Resourcefulness, enthusiasm, and self-motivation
• Confident public speaker - able to handle press interviews, team review meetings, etc.
• Ability to inspire and motivate those that work for them and those they work around.
• Effective problem solving and time management skills
• Strong industry understanding and knowledge
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||London, ON, N6A 5P2, Canada|
|Categories||Producer / Director / Project Manager|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Windows|
|Contact Name||Kate Roberts|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|