Best Boy Entertainment | St John's NF A1C 2H7 CAN | Full Time | Posted: 10/22/2012
We are primarily a company of young, talented, enthusiastic individuals with a strong foundation of highly successful and experienced senior staff and consultants. Some advantages of working with Best Boy include:
• Relocation allowance
• Health and dental insurance
• Competitive salary
• 3 weeks' vacation
• Casual dress code
We offer an outstanding opportunity for an Art Director to join the team of Atlantic Canada’s fastest-growing entertainment company.
We are seeking a talented, creative individual to take responsibility for reviewing all art assets for quality and continuity with each game’s vision.
The Art Director supervises a team of artists, animators, as well as UI and concept designers from concept to ship date, and is ultimately responsible for the aesthetics of the finished game.
In collaboration with the Head of Interactive Development,
- Establish the visual style of the game
- Help plan the milestone schedule and operating budget, taking into consideration the art assets list, poly count expense, and personnel required
- Lead the creation of storyboards, logos, user interfaces, character design, environments, and all other visual material
- Direct the research and development of new pipelines
- Oversee the insertion of placeholder art
- Monitoring the pipeline, while tracking the team’s asset creation
- Track milestones and ensure the team stays on schedule
- Critique and review art
- Provide notes for revision
- Provide mock-ups
- Collaborate on porting to the engine
- Motivate the team
- Mentor art staff
- Communicate regularly with other studio departments to ensure the art direction is feasible and supported properly by code, engine, etc.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- 3+ years’ art direction experience
- 2 or more shipped game titles, preferably in casual / social
- Thorough understanding of game art production
- BFA in related discipline or technical equivalent
- Experience with multiple game art production disciplines, e.g., characters, environments, effects, animation, UI graphics, etc.
- Ability to communicate visually and to identify and define visual design issues and solutions
- Deep understanding of exploration process, style guidelines, design processes, and creative workflow and management.
- Experience and/or familiarity with the casual and social game market
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities and solve problems
- Excellent communication, organization, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing, fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to take and apply direction
- Ability to work independently, and in a collaborative environment
- Positive attitude with a strong sense of team dynamics.
- Familiarity with Maya, Zbrush, and Spyder4Express Colour Calibrator
- Previous experience working in 3D environments
- Previous experience with digital platforms such as iOS and Android
- Familiarity with Perforce
- Experience with development pipelines, story creation, and traditional art skills
- Familiarity with educational games
- Previous experience with the Unity engine
|Location||St John's, NF, A1C 2H7, Canada|
|Categories||Art / Animation, Smartphone / Tablet Games|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Mac OS X,Windows Mobile,Mobile phone|
|Contact Name||Robert Evans|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Art Director|