Technical Artist/Character TD
Schell Games | Pittsburgh PA 15203 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/22/2012
Schell Games headquarters is located in the eclectic neighborhood that is Pittsburgh's South Side.
Schell Games is always on the lookout for the very best artists, programmers, designers, and producers to add to our growing team in Pittsburgh as we work on new and exciting projects.
Schell Games is currently seeking a talented Technical Artist/Character TD to join our current team working on projects ranging from online worlds and handheld games to themed interactive attractions. Team experience is essential as is the ability to be self-directed and prioritize your workload efficiently.
Our ideal candidate will be able to work with the art and engineering teams to help meet aesthetic goals while working within technological specifications, as well as be able to work quickly in a team atmosphere to meet deadlines. The chosen applicant will join the Schell Games art team to help develop and maintain the character rigging and animation pipeline. A passion for learning and problem-solving, as well as a creative and flexible approach to various systems is necessary.
Specifically we are looking for applicants with the following skills:
- Creating rigs and accurate skin weighting of 3D character models for animation
- Re-targeting animation between different characters
- Collaborating with the animation team to make tools and improve rigs
- Scripting tools/pipelines as needed to add features and/or improve efficiency
- Following of standards and practices to create rigs that work in pipeline and with various tool systems
- Working across several teams with a variety of products and styles
Portfolio of work must be available for review; displaying examples of various rig setups, script examples, and pipeline tools. Applicants may be asked to complete an art test.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Strong knowledge of rigging in Maya
- Strong knowledge of human and animal anatomy, especially skeletal and muscular systems
- Strong knowledge of Python scripting, - Mel is a plus
- Interest and ability in solving creative and technical challenges
- Animation and/or modeling experience a plus
|Location||Pittsburgh, PA, 15203, United States|
|Categories||Art / Animation|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Christopher Arnold|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|