Director of Marketing
Riot Games | Santa Monica CA 90230 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/19/2012
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
For more information on League of Legends, please visit: http://www.leagueoflegends.com
To see what else we're hiring for, check us out at: http://www.riotgames.com
As Director of Marketing, you’ll lead the Marketing team to transform League of Legends from the most played PC game in the world into one of the most recognizable brands on the planet. Your success with edgy brands will help you delve into new and unexplored territory and leave convention behind as you strive for bigger, better and more ballsy branding. With your original ideas, smart usage of metrics and numbers, and dedicated vision, you’ll help the League of Legends brand capture players’ fervor and excitement like never before.
- Work tirelessly to launch the League of Legends brand into a new dimension of brand recognition and reach, forging a cohesive marketing strategy and identifying new avenues for recognition and exposure
- Own and operate the Branding and Marketing budget, prioritizing the best opportunities that benefit players and our intellectual property
- Understand brands from the player perspective, tailoring strategies to improve player acquisition, retention, and happiness; you’ll design, improve and foster programs that energize our playerbase, helping to recruit, convert and retain players and community superstars
- Coordinate with domestic and foreign teams, including Production, Engineering, Art, Design, Community and Player Support, to better focus branding efforts and streamline asset production
- Lead the top-tier squad of Branding and Marketing Rioters, while recruiting, growing and nurturing new additions to the team
- Experienced: you’ve got ten or more years of professional marketing or brand management experience building kickass brands with wide reach; you’ve built, developed and lead diverse teams to execute on a marketing vision you helped create
- A forward-thinker: you’re ready to rethink traditional marketing strategy and apply unconventional tactics to the size and scale of the League of Legends player experience
- Ever-evolving: never content with something that just works, you’re always looking to innovate and improvise while operating within an ever-changing market
- Player-focused: as a gamer and brand mogul, you share the player experience, helping you easily identify what players crave in your branding efforts
- Data hound: we’ve got data and lots of it; you’ll analyze numbers, ROI metrics and figures, turning disparate data into cogent, cohesive marketing plans and strategies, building business cases that support branding initiatives
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Santa Monica, CA, 90230, United States|
|Categories||Marketing / PR / Communications|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|