Koolhaus Games Inc. | Vancouver BC V6B 2P6 CAN | Full Time | Posted: 10/19/2012
We are a community of like minded individuals who’s goal is to create innovative entertainment products that are both critically and commercially successful. Everyone at Koolhaus is expected to provide two key contributions to the projects we work on: the one they were trained for (programmer, artist, etc.) and the other as a key creative contributor.
Our motto: work smarter not harder has resulted in minimal overtime during our 7+ year history.
Past credits include: Centipede: Origins iOS, Urban Futbol (iOS, Android, Browser PC), Tiger Woods Golf PGA Tour 12 iOS, Madden NFL Football 2012 Android, Madden NFL 2011 iPad, Kontra 4, Geometry Wars and others.
Koolhaus has developed games for most platforms including: iOS, Android, mobile, Xbox360, PS3, Wii, DS, PC & Mac.
Publisher partners include: EA, Atari, Red Bull, Activision, Square Enix, Konami, Sony BMG and others.
The Koolhaus team has had 4 number 1 charted games in the past 2 years all with 8/10+ critical reviews. Through your experience, dedication and love for games you will have the ability to work in a team environment on any project that Koolhaus Games is working on. You will be a core member of our technical staff.
• 2 or more years C++ game programming experience
• Experience with one or more of iOS, Android, console (Wii, PS3, Xbox360), PC, Mac and/or handheld development
• Experience and interest in developing a variety of game genres on a variety of platforms
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Good knowledge of software development methodologies
• Self directed within a team context
• Good knowledge and practical experience in one or more of the following: Graphics, AI, Physics, Sound, Networking, Tools and Libraries, R & D.
• Experience working with artists, sound artists and designers
• Enjoys an environment where personal and professional development are encouraged and supported
• Creative, innovative, positive problem solving perspective
• Able to contribute in other areas such as game design
• Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Have worked on at least one published game title
• Experience working with a current 3D art package ie. Maya/3D Max/XSI
• Programming experience on teams of 5 or more programmers
• Two years industry experience desirable
Compensation package includes: competitive salary, stock options, profit sharing, extended medical plan, free food and snacks, relocation package also available
Email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Vancouver, BC, V6B 2P6, Canada|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer, Console / PC Games, Smartphone / Tablet Games|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Wii,Online Multiplayer,Browser Based Games,Mac OS X,Windows,Windows Mobile,Mobile phone,Nintendo DS|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Primary Phone||604 696 9717|
|Primary Fax||604 696 9744|