Naked Sky Entertainment | Los Angeles CA 90036 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/18/2012
Naked Sky Entertainment is currently seeking a lead programmer for a next generation game. Eagerness to take ownership, evolve, and experiment with Naked Sky's proprietary tech is a must. The lead role requires balancing individual responsibilities with management of 4-6 programmers.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- At least two shipped titles as lead or senior programmer
- Experience working with third party engines (Unreal, Crytech, etc.)
- Expert proficiency with C++ and any scripting languages
- Solid system architecture skills and intimate familiarity with guidelines of Effective C++
- Strong work ethic and inscrutable math skills
- Strong understanding of graphics programming concepts
- Ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical individuals
- Comfortable working closely with designers and artists in a highly iterative environment
Desired Experience and Skills
- Programming credit on at least one shipped X360 and/or PS3 title.
- Experience with graphics programming APIs ( D3D, OpenGL, GCM )
- Familiarity with game-industry middleware (Havok, PhsyX, Scaleform, SpeedTree, Bink, FMOD, etc)
- Knowledge of the Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360 architecture (GPU, CPU, OS, etc)
- Experience profiling and optimizing code in C++
- Strong knowledge of the current and past game market, and the ability to communicate concepts referentially
- Familiarity with agile development, namely SCRUM
This is an urgent hire position to start immediately. Applicants must be authorized to work in the US. No relocation assistance is available for this position.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Los Angeles, CA, 90036, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Windows|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|