Lead Developer / Senior Programmer
Gameloft New Orleans | New Orleans NY 70012 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/17/2012
• 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance for every guru
• Casual atmosphere, sweet gaming break area, 10 holidays and 20 vacation days help you maintain and recharge your powers.
• Top quality colleagues inspire you to attain your maximum realization of self.
• 401(k) with a match and relocation bonuses are available. Because gurus think ahead.
Our mantra? Your talent, our legacy, unstoppable.
With offices in 30 countries in Europe, North America and Asia, Gameloft, a worldwide publisher and developer of digital and social games, is seeking a techinically strong Lead Developer / Senior Programmer. As part of an already established team, you will participate in the development of all our 3D and 2D projects on multiple platforms - Ios/Android/Web. This position ensures projects are delivered on time while targeting the best experience and quality. Previous hit Gameloft games on iPhone include Oregon Trail, Hero of Sparta I & II, NOVA, Avatar, Dungeon Hunter, NFL 2010, Real Soccer 2010, New York Nights, Assassin’s Creed, Terminator Salvation, Asphalt 5, Let’s Golf, Gangstar 1 &2, just a few of the 300 games that Gameloft has created since its inception.
This position is based in New Orleans, an international metropolis just waiting to provide inspiration and fascination for you. So what are you waiting for? Don't miss out on this great career opportunity and be a part of a new international video-games studio! Why do you want to work for Gameloft?
* Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package
* Excellent cost of living and area growth
* Fun, passionate and creative studio with a casual atmosphere
* International environment offering daily contact with other countries & cultures
* Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
What are you waiting for? Don't miss out on this opportunity and lead talented, dynamic and international video-games teams for 3D games!
Responsibilities: The Senior Lead Programmer will be responsible for all technology/architecture and processes choices, will supervise/participate in projects for staffing, technology/tools choices, risks evaluation and dependencies with other projects to ensure the best quality is achieved. This position will also recommend solutions, approve plans and roadmaps, ensure code quality and reviewing, work with HR to develop staff capabilities & career path (performance reviews, training and development, recruiting & retention), and work with other studios’ technical directors to improve the company programming standards and engines.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
* Minimum of five years of technical experience in game development, ideally including iOS or Android.
* Expert knowledge in C/C++ , OOP Design, programming practices
* Knowledge of the game development pipeline
* Strong knowledge in several domains (Rendering, Animation, Multiplayer, Sound, Tools, AI, Scripting, Optimization)
* Ability to identify issues and promote solutions and optimizations
* Autonomous and dynamic with a passion for working in a team.
* Ability to lead a project under time constraints
* BS or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering a plus.
* Experience with middlewares (UDK /Unity), with scripting/interpreted language (Python / Lua /C# / Java), with graphics tools (3dsMax, Photoshop) and/or in social gaming a big plus.
Chosen qualified candidates will be asked to complete a technical assessment.
|Location||New Orleans, NY, 70012, United States|
|Categories||Executive / Management, Programmer / Engineer, Smartphone / Tablet Games|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Juliette Dupré|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|