Pocket Gems | San Francisco CA 94104 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/16/2012
Pocket Gems has figured out the “secret sauce” to making great mobile games that are highly engaging and fun to play. Our 18 titles on iOS and 7 Android games have all been smash hits, with downloads totaling 80 million and each landing at the top of the App Store charts. Our team of engineers, PMs, and artists is comprised of some of the smartest and most talented people in gaming. Pocket Gems is backed by Sequoia Capital and growing quickly.
Join us in redefining how users engage games as a leader on our Design Team. We’re looking for people who love the idea of working together to create highly engaging mobile content and are eager to work in a fast-paced environment. If you have proven game experience and a long-standing passion for playing video games of multiple genres and platforms, we’re looking for you.
- Work closely with game designers, artists, and engineers to create, iterate upon and finalize delivery of polished, professional graphic assets
- Ask questions and seek out and process feedback to improve visual designs, exploring and presenting multiple design options
- Create concepts and mock-ups for games, characters and in-game features
- Minimum of 5 years game design experience
- Formal understanding of video game design concepts and their practical application
- Strong foundation in visual design with an understanding of form, color, lighting, UI, composition, layout, and typography
- Experience with 2D graphic and interactive design, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Demonstrated leadership and involvement in commercially and creatively successful properties
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94104, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Amanda Smock|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Visual Designer|