C++ Game Programmer
High 5 Games | New York NY 10010 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/16/2012
Developing for the land-based, online, and social markets, H5G has created hundreds of games that are played on six continents and in nearly 50 countries.
H5G’s games regularly lead the industry in both performance and popularity. The company’s 2011 mega hits, Golden Goddess and Black Widow, were two of the most popular new games in casino gaming history. H5G is also responsible for creating many of the industry’s most renowned brands, including Da Vinci Diamonds, Cats, Noah’s Ark, and Secrets of the Forest.
High 5 Games employs a diverse and eclectic group of talented professionals. From the brilliant mathematicians, software engineers and programmers who construct the necessary platform to the tremendous artists whose imaginations allow them to craft intricate new worlds – life at H5G is anything but ordinary.
We invite you to visit our website at www.high5games.com to learn more about the company.
We’re currently searching for C++ Game Programmers who are fanatical about games and want to be part of game prototype team! The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of high performance and teamwork, passion for games, and the ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment. Additionally, the C++ Game Programmer will work with teams of programmers, game designers, artists, animators and sound engineers to assist H5G in ushering in a new era of unrivaled experiences.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; fluency in coding, algorithms, and systems design; solid communication skills; and a desire to solve complex problems of varying scale.
High 5 Games is a key player in transforming the traditional casino gaming industry. We have a successful track record of creating high quality, immersive content for land-based casino environments and have entered into the social games arena to the delight of our core gamers. Our social games are the only place on Facebook that have real Vegas slots - combining the deep, immersive gameplay found in Vegas with the connectivity and interaction of social networks. You can currently play our games on Facebook through our High 5 Casino App, with more developments for the future in the pipeline. Our company business model allows us to sustain a startup culture that empowers you to deliver value with integrity – driving us to have a relentless commitment to quality and customer satisfaction!
Think you have what it takes to make real Vegas slots? We want to meet you.
- Create clean, efficient, and well tested code
- Create and modify games using C++, Lua, DirectX, C# and Unity.
- Work with artists to incorporate assets into games.
- Quickly prototype new game concepts.
- Participate in team meetings relating to designing system architecture.
- Write software to calculate game statistics.
- Fleshing out, expanding, and implementing game designs
- Analyzing, organizing, and optimizing code
- Research new game-authoring technology.
- Strong 3D math and graphics background
- Strong knowledge of C and C++ programming languages
- Good oral and written skills
- Ability and drive to contribute and advance all aspects of a game
- Excellent math skills
- Understanding of procedural, object oriented, and aspect oriented programming paradigms
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years professional C++ experience
- Lua, DirectX, C# and Unity a plus.
- Game programming experience a plus
- Strong interest in playing and creating highly creative games
- US Citizen, or a valid permanent resident card.
We are always looking for great talent. We appreciate your interest in joining our team. Only applicants who meet the requirements of this position will be considered.
- We are looking for self-starters who can see technical projects through and communicate results. To be considered, please include your resume as well as any links to GitHub projects, blog posts, or similar relevant sources.
High 5 Games is an equal opportunity employer.
- Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact High 5 Games.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact High 5 Games about other services, products or commercial interests.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||New York, NY, 10010, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer, Social / Online Games, Smartphone / Tablet Games|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Online Multiplayer,Browser Based Games,Mobile phone|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||C++ G|