Senior Software Engineer - Mobile Game Developer
Kabam | San Francisco CA 94107 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/15/2012
Based in San Francisco with offices in Austin, Beijing and Luxembourg, Kabam merges art and science to deliver entertainment as a service. Kabam delivers deep, crafted experiences for gamers who love competition, strategy, role-playing-games and social gameplay. Kabam is platform agnostic – delivering always-on, always-evolving experiences for gamers no matter where they choose to play.
Kabam believes games should be irresistibly fun to play, so the company measures its success on how often people return to Kabam games and how long they play. Kabam’s games have been praised by the media and industry and, more importantly, Kabam players for their depth of play and social interaction.
Are you a creative self-starter who is passionate about games? We want to meet you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You will be a key member in a new Kabam mobile game development team. You will specifically focused on Front End Software Engineering as well as researching and testing “quick win” game concepts derived from already proven production quality games. You would be joining an elite game development “strike-force” that operates with extreme efficiency and strict deadlines to bring games to market, test their monetization potential and then move on to the next exciting project.
● Define, prototype, and build mobile games for kabam.com.
● Develop infrastructure on mobile client that will enable rapid application development.
● Participate in all aspects of a project life-cycle, from product research through QA.
● Work in small, extremely agile team to identify core game mechanics and drive them to delivery.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
● Proficient in mobile platforms: iOS and/or Android. Prefer candidates who have shipped production quality products.
● Ability to quickly research, learn, and adapt new technology platform.
● Deadline driven: You don’t miss deadlines and do what it takes to complete a project on time.
● Pragmatically make decisions along the project life-cycle to make it successful while communicating the trade-offs.
● Can change direction rapidly when a previous project does not yield the desired/expect results.
● Understand the importance of every single day of development
● Ownership: You feel a tremendous amount of ownership over the work you do and are continuously looking for ways to do better.
● Accustomed to iterative and incremental development cycles and agile workflow.
Check out what is like at Kabam on our Facebook page - Life@Kabam : https://www.facebook.com/LifeatKabam
Keep updated with us and Follow us on Linkedin! : http://www.linkedin.com/company/kabam_206001/careers
Note to Candidates:
Kabam does not accept paper applications at this time and requests that all candidates submit their information online by either applying directly to an open requisition or submitting a general profile.
Note to Placement and other 3rd party Agencies:
Kabam does not accept unsolicited agency resumes sent to our website or to any Kabam employee, and will not incur fees to any third party agency as a result. If there is a need for third party agency assistance, then a representative from the Recruiting team will contact you.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
**Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S**
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94107, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Online Multiplayer,Browser Based Games,Mobile phone|
|Contact Name||Kayla Kahl|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|