Brand Manager, Digital Games
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group | Burbank CA 91522 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/15/2012
The WBHEG includes Warner Home Video, Warner Bros. Digital Distribution, Warner Bros. Advanced Digital Services, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (including Warner Bros. Games), Warner Premiere, Warner Bros. Technical Operations and Warner Bros. Anti-Piracy Operations. Its founding recognized the ongoing changes in the way consumers access entertainment product, and the WBHEG seeks to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios to make the Studio's content available to audiences through as many channels, platforms and devices as possible. The WBHEG is also charged with harnessing the benefits of emerging technologies, as well as managing the risks these technologies pose to the economic value of the content. By grouping like business units and streamlining the process of delivering the Studio's content to consumers in the format of their choice as conveniently as possible, the WBHEG is positioning the Studio to maintain an industry-leading and defining role in the rapidly evolving home entertainment marketplace while moving consumers' home entertainment experiences into a new era.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. seeks a Brand Manager, Digital Games for the WB Interactive Entertainment department. Warner Bros. is a top video games publisher and we continue to expand by adding great people and leveraging the best portfolio of brands and intellectual property in the industry. We are looking to add enthusiastic, talented and experienced professionals to our Digital games team. The Brand Manager, Digital Games is responsible for overseeing and bringing to market a diverse portfolio of PC and console games at Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. The position develops, creates and oversees implementation of strategies for brand plans, live plans and ongoing marketing campaigns on assigned projects. The position is responsible for developing and cultivating various high-level cross-company & external partnerships.
• Develop worldwide strategic marketing plans and efforts both pre and post launch, which includes developing brand plans and planning product launches, preparing presentations and presenting to stakeholders and executive management. Develop and oversee P&L for assigned products to ensure campaigns are optimized and on budget. Conduct periodic business analysis and monitor market trends to stay current with new and changing market conditions to identify new business opportunities for product slate.
•Drive the creation of unique brand identity and product positioning, helping the specific products stand out in a competitive marketplace.
•Manage and execute on the full life of product (LOP) strategic plan.
•Oversee ongoing media planning to insure acquisition dollars spent.
•Co-develop international initiatives and programs by partnering with international marketing teams to ensure a consistent strategy.
• Bring excellence to managing live digital publishing activities to optimize game performance and monetization including user acquisition, analytics, and community.
•Collaborate with game producers to provide data driven features and business model recommendations to optimize the revenue and engagement.
•Strategic oversight of community management tactics.
•In depth analysis of player and acquisition data with the goal of providing guidance to improve player acquisition, retention and monetization.
•Ongoing assessment of acquisition funnel.
• Drive cross-divisional synergies. Champion products across WB, home video, digital distribution, consumer products, television and theatrical divisions and secure buy-in on key business initiatives ways.
• Oversee all financial aspects of the games that you manage, from greenlight forecasts to actual performance in support of achieving budget goals.
• Assist in building and growing Warner Bros. digital games more broadly to include special projects, platform/publishing/licensing/international/cross-studio partnerships.
• BA/BS Degree. MA/MS/MBA preferred.
• Strong leadership skills and experience in developing and executing effective marketing plans.
• Strong familiarity with console/PC games — must be fluent in games industry speak.
• Strong familiarity with online digital games with post-launch live plans, MTX and F2P business models, trends and best practices.
• Ability to compellingly present to internal and external executive teams.
• Ability to juggle multiple high priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficient with financial models with the ability to interpret and analyze financial and sales information.
• Highly creative, excellent problem solving skills, takes calculated risks to optimize and innovate.
• Experience with licensed properties preferred but not required.
• Experience/passion for social marketing preferred but not required.
• Must be passionate about video games—only entertainment junkies need apply.
• Strong product management skills at a features/system level.
• Exceptional project management skills.
• Strong PC Skills, including proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel.
• Exceptional PowerPoint presentation skills.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate with colleagues across different disciplines and locations to achieve results.
• Ability to work in a fast-pace environment and prioritize work to meet specific deadlines required.
• Must be self-motivated and results oriented.
• Flexibility to travel to Warner Bros. studios as required.
• Attendance at industry conferences as required.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Burbank, CA, 91522, United States|
|Categories||Marketing / PR / Communications|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|