Senior Software Engineer - Front-End (Unity)
Kabam | San Francisco CA 94107 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/12/2012
Based in San Francisco with offices in Austin, Beijing and Luxembourg, Kabam merges art and science to deliver entertainment as a service. Kabam delivers deep, crafted experiences for gamers who love competition, strategy, role-playing-games and social gameplay. Kabam is platform agnostic – delivering always-on, always-evolving experiences for gamers no matter where they choose to play.
Kabam believes games should be irresistibly fun to play, so the company measures its success on how often people return to Kabam games and how long they play. Kabam’s games have been praised by the media and industry and, more importantly, Kabam players for their depth of play and social interaction.
Are you a creative self-starter who is passionate about games? We want to meet you!
This person will design and code new features and enhancements across all our product offerings using the Unity 3D Engine.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
* Design and code new features and enhancements across all our product offerings.
* Work closely with server-side engineering and the UI team to influence game design and development.
* Participate in all aspects of a project life-cycle, from specifications through QA.
* Find and fix bugs, optimize scalability and performance, keep up-to-date with the latest relevant technologies.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
* Experience with Unity 3D Engine.
* Knowledge of REST web services and methodologies.
* Excellent problem solving skills (both analytical and mathematical -- as games require a lot of math!).
* Network Socket communication experience is plus.
* Strong HTML/CSS and cross-browser layout skills.
* Familiarity with AJAX and interests in gaming a huge plus.
Check out what is like at Kabam on our Facebook page - Life@Kabam : https://www.facebook.com/LifeatKabam
Keep updated with us and Follow us on Linkedin!: http://www.linkedin.com/company/kabam_206001/careers
Note to Candidates:
Kabam does not accept paper applications at this time and requests that all candidates submit their information online by either applying directly to an open requisition or submitting a general profile.
Note to Placement and other 3rd party Agencies:
Kabam does not accept unsolicited agency resumes sent to our website or to any Kabam employee, and will not incur fees to any third party agency as a result. If there is a need for third party agency assistance, then a representative from the Recruiting team will contact you.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
**Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S**
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94107, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Work Site||On site|
|Platforms||Online Multiplayer,Browser Based Games,Mobile phone|
|Contact Name||Kayla Kahl|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|