Experienced Graphics Engineer
Harmonix Music Systems | Cambridge MA 02139 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/11/2012
Harmonix has an immediate opening for an ambitious, passionate and highly experienced Graphics Engineer who will work closely with our world-class artists to bring their work to life on brand new IP and next-generation consoles. With input from team engineers, artists, and designers, the Graphics Engineer will implement cutting edge graphics technology, contributing to our cross-platform engine.
• Implement innovative graphics technology and art pipelines, consulting with team engineers and content creators.
• Deliver analysis and optimization solutions for performance bottlenecks.
• Write well architected, robust maintainable code that meets the coding standards of all platforms with an eye towards reusability for multiple games.
• 5+ years industry experience.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• C/C++ proficiency and design skills.
• Strong understanding of 3D graphics principles, techniques, and hardware.
• Experience writing shaders (HLSL/Cg) with a strong understanding of low level shader architecture.
• Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem solver with excellent debugging and strong communication skills.
• Passionate player of games with an ability to analyze competitive products.
• Designed and implemented (or maintained) a full featured Renderer for a published AAA game.
• Built and implemented own engine.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Broad knowledge of 3D graphics principles and techniques
|Location||Cambridge, MA, 02139, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer, Console / PC Games|
|Pref Degree||Bachelor's Degree|
|Platforms||Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Wii|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|